PDA

View Full Version : 250r motor an suspension

hanzito
09-16-2005, 07:13 AM
i am looking int o buying a ESR 310pv motor for my 86r. I plan to race MX and play ride trails. I am also looking ot upgrade the stock suspension to long travel. Can any one give some input on this motor or other possibilities. Also right now i am looking at getting some ASR longtravel arms and some axis, PEP, Elka, or TCS long travel shocks. Any input would help. Like prices performance. Place to buy I would like to get the best deal possible. Also i will either need to rebuild the stock rear shock or replace it.

velocityatv
09-16-2005, 09:53 AM
I have not had any experiance with the ESR power valve, but I do run a LRD 265cc. You'll like the power, make sure to get it ported for your pipe and ridding style, and get a good carb and reeds. For suspension go with Elka front's and have Colby from C&D Racing do an Elka rebuild, he can get you fronts too for a good price. He can sell you both and you'll be very happy. Personally don't care for the ASR a-arms, but would suggest Herrman, Burgard, Houser, as a way of going. Check Ebay, more people are parting out there R's now with all of the new 4-strokers.

My 2 cents

mxracer97
09-16-2005, 11:13 AM
I have an ESR 310 kit on my '86 motor and am very happy with it. I have not had any experience with their powervalve kits though. I also have LSR LT a-arms and Axis shocks, this setup works great for me. The Axis shocks work awesome and I couldn't be happier with how they perform, but they are on the pricey side though.

beerock
09-17-2005, 08:14 PM
laeger and axis

or

walsh and axis

:devil:

LT250Racer609
09-18-2005, 09:43 PM
TCS and LSR:blah:

250R Baja Rider
09-19-2005, 09:09 AM
Go to a shop where they have these brands most people mentioned. See how they are built. You'll see that Herrmann's and Roll Design are built tough.

At least that is my preference.

Shocks? Axis or Elka.
I'had TCS and PEPs before. And after one hour of hard riding, they would start to sag. Maybe they have improved inthe last years!!!

Motor? I 'va had CT, Paul Turner and LRD motors. So far, I think PT and LRD are the best. LRD will analyze your motor to the 100th of a inch to get you the best performance.