PDA

View Full Version : Ouch!!!!

journeyman
09-16-2005, 02:19 AM
i just got home from the hospital....dont really know what happened yet.....got seven staples in my fricken head and covered in road rash....evedently i wrecked my quad today and then tried to drive my car home.ended up gettin stopped by the police,taken to the hospital,then flown to a shock trama unit...all i know is that my melon is hurtin and i have bandages everywhere.......dont know what the quad looks like......might get to look at it tomorrow.....buddy of mine that was with me said it was pretty f'ed up...still kinda dazed and confused....i guess thats where the concussion comes in....ill keep yall posted

HondaRacer300ex
09-16-2005, 03:33 AM
Sorry to hear that. Do you remember crashing at all or what happened?

09-16-2005, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by journeyman
yall

Yep you hit your head pretty hard. lol jk man. Hope you are feeling better soon.

4oorider
09-16-2005, 07:05 AM
thats bad to hear, get better man

raptorrider
09-16-2005, 08:04 AM
So you crashed hard enough to not remember it, hard enough to have to be FLOWN to a trauma unit, and yet your on here, the same day, talking about it?

crday98
09-16-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by raptorrider
So you crashed hard enough to not remember it, hard enough to have to be FLOWN to a trauma unit, and yet your on here, the same day, talking about it? i was going to say the same thing.:rolleyes:
i know making a thread about it on atvriders would be one of my first priorities as soon as i got released from the hospital if it were as bad as you claim.:rolleyes:
I SMELL B.S.!!!!

BadAss03
09-16-2005, 01:14 PM
One time when i wrecked my quad and both of my legs fell off but they grew back in a week. I was so lucky.

Atkins
09-16-2005, 01:23 PM
I think the first thing I did when I got out of the hospital last time was post about it on exr.

Matt37
09-16-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by crday98
i was going to say the same thing.:rolleyes:
i know making a thread about it on atvriders would be one of my first priorities as soon as i got released from the hospital if it were as bad as you claim.:rolleyes:
I SMELL B.S.!!!!

Who cares what he does???

Just do not respond if you dont like or agree with the thread....

journeyman
09-16-2005, 05:13 PM
first off......F*** all the ignorant people who made smart *** comments about me posting on here the same day.....if you didnt like my post......STAY OUT OF MY THREAD!!!!

Im feelin a little better today, but I still dont remember anything about the crash.....I guess if I was wearing my helmet i wouldnt be as bad off as i am....havent seen the quad yet...from what i hear it has a trashed front rim,ripped the grab bar completely off the subframe and trashed my HMF...So the quad is very well fixable

From what my friend said that I was riding with,we were side by side doin wheelies and when we came down our tires hooked together...he said when I got up, I chased down my quad that was rollin across the feild,jumped on it and hauled ***** back to the house...then got in the car and left and drove about 5 miles to a gas station and stopped....then the cops came,took me to the local hospital where I was airlifted to the shock trama unit about 30 minutes away
Ill try and post some pics of the quad later this week

XtremeSkier
09-16-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by journeyman
first off......F*** all the ignorant people who made smart *** comments about me posting on here the same day.....if you didnt like my post......STAY OUT OF MY THREAD!!!!

Im feelin a little better today, but I still dont remember anything about the crash.....I guess if I was wearing my helmet i wouldnt be as bad off as i am....havent seen the quad yet...from what i hear it has a trashed front rim,ripped the grab bar completely off the subframe and trashed my HMF...So the quad is very well fixable

From what my friend said that I was riding with,we were side by side doin wheelies and when we came down our tires hooked together...he said when I got up, I chased down my quad that was rollin across the feild,jumped on it and hauled ***** back to the house...then got in the car and left and drove about 5 miles to a gas station and stopped....then the cops came,took me to the local hospital where I was airlifted to the shock trama unit about 30 minutes away
Ill try and post some pics of the quad later this week

wow man that is crazy!

sry to hear about all that

i've had a few concussions skiing and there no fun! ur head hurts alot and then u dont know what happend and u miss school and then u get all this homework and u dont know whats going on for like a week!

u had it alittle worse then i did w/not having a helmet on but he11 acidents are going to happen:ermm: Glad u made it out alive

get well

later

wvspeedfreak
09-16-2005, 08:14 PM
You spell better with head trauma than alot of others on here that haven't wrecked.I commend you for that.:D

crday98
09-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Matt37
Who cares what he does???

Just do not respond if you dont like or agree with the thread.... i hate to inform you but nobody likes to see BS stories posted on the board. did he wreck and mess up his quad? probably, but i doubt the extent of his injuries are as bad as he is making them to be. he was riding, wrecked his quad, drove to a gas station and met "the cops", blacked out, was flown to a hospital in the "shock trauma unit", examined, released, and still found time to post up about it on exriders all in the same day?

maybe it is just me but i think they would kept you overnight for observation if you were as bad as you claim or you just have a piss poor hospital in your area?

BTW Matt37, you are just as guilty as i am. you tell me not to respond if i don't like or agree with him yet you make a post because you don't agree with me posting about disagreeing with him? kind of hypocritical don't you think?:rolleyes:

LTandRaptorider
09-16-2005, 10:05 PM
I agree... smells like a bs story. When I had my little "mishap" last fall, I was life-flighted to the hospital. I spent a day in trauma ICU... 2 days in CCU, then I guess I signed myself out! I have no memory of the accident, 3 days in the hopsital, or first week home. So yeah, I have a lill experience with head trauma. Talking to a guy at work about head trauma and concussions... He said the one good thing about it is you always meet new people! :p :D

If you did wreck, glad you're ok. Now class, what did we learn from this? Wear a dam helmet! ;)

XtremeSkier
09-16-2005, 10:07 PM
well the one thing i liked about my concussions is that i never gained any fear from the accident..not that i prolly would...but it's like when i go down those runs now i have no memory of those crashes...

not to mention when i woke up in the hospital there was a hott nurse there lol JK i wish:(

Matt37
09-17-2005, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by crday98
i hate to inform you but nobody likes to see BS stories posted on the board. did he wreck and mess up his quad? probably, but i doubt the extent of his injuries are as bad as he is making them to be. he was riding, wrecked his quad, drove to a gas station and met "the cops", blacked out, was flown to a hospital in the "shock trauma unit", examined, released, and still found time to post up about it on exriders all in the same day?

maybe it is just me but i think they would kept you overnight for observation if you were as bad as you claim or you just have a piss poor hospital in your area?

BTW Matt37, you are just as guilty as i am. you tell me not to respond if i don't like or agree with him yet you make a post because you don't agree with me posting about disagreeing with him? kind of hypocritical don't you think?:rolleyes:

Look, I am not trying to start a big fight here. But all I am saying is does it really bother you that much that some kid came on here and maybe made up alittle story about how he got hurt???

Did it ruin your day?? If it really honestly did ruin your day than I don't know what to tell you.

And yes you are right my statement was probably hypocritcal but I had to post it to get it out there.

It just seems like to many people on these boards get bent out of shape and start fights over some really stupid things.

FoxRacing81
09-17-2005, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Matt37

It just seems like to many people on these boards get bent out of shape and start fights over some really stupid things.

That's Exriders for ya.

BTW, how do you know he was realeased in the same day? All he said was that he wrecked his quad and tried to drive and just got home. I don't remeber reading anything that said it all happened in the same day.

If it's true though man, that's sucks big time. Hope everything works out.

journeyman
09-17-2005, 07:53 AM
man i never thought that posting what happened to me would start so much drama......big deal, i got home from the hospital and got right on the forum and posted....did it really hurt your feelings that much????im not some lil kid trying to get attention....im 21,married with an 8 month old son...it really kinda pisses me off that people think im making up some BS story...and whoever that person was that started that ****, let me heal myself up then bring your ***** down to maryland so I can stomp a mudhole in your *****...this experience has really made me doubt what this forum is all about...so to everyone that posted a resonable comment.....thank you

MOFO
09-17-2005, 08:20 AM
...and the kids on this board are wondering why we are cracking down. Perfectly good thread, down the tubes.