PDA

View Full Version : Google Earth

OverBored
09-15-2005, 09:05 PM
Anyone use this program????

OverBored
09-15-2005, 09:08 PM
Everyone post up their riding area location/address lemme look it up and get some aerial shots :)

DAB516
09-15-2005, 09:13 PM
Yea I use it. I can see the exact trails i'm riding on. It it has even helped me find new ones.

Butters
09-15-2005, 09:15 PM
i use it and love it. thanks google for making something else we have way better than what it was.

OverBored
09-15-2005, 09:19 PM
well post up your areas :)

OverBored
09-15-2005, 09:23 PM
Small section of Glamis

http://www.island-designs.com/pictures/GLAMIS.jpg

troutman561
09-15-2005, 09:27 PM
yea its a cool program, here is one area we ride, cant zoom in to much its pretty big, its a large area that a dump owns, we even ride in the acutally dump area, pretty fun jumps when it doesnt smell, but we ride pretty much that whole area in the screen

OverBored
09-15-2005, 09:30 PM
Yes depends if anyone uploaded detailed aerials to the server or not, if you have any you can add it yourself and it will upload to the main server.

anyways here is my Rock in the Atlantic Ocean :)

http://www.island-designs.com/pictures/myrock.jpg

400exrules
09-15-2005, 09:33 PM
i just downloaded and tried using it, its pretty nice but sometimes when i try to zoom in on different places, it stays fuzzy and blurred, and doesnt really make a clear picture....does the satelite only have good picture of like, big cities or somethin?

OverBored
09-15-2005, 09:36 PM
Troutman561's Dump (Closeup)

http://www.island-designs.com/pictures/troutman561dump.jpg

OverBored
09-15-2005, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
i just downloaded and tried using it, its pretty nice but sometimes when i try to zoom in on different places, it stays fuzzy and blurred, and doesnt really make a clear picture....does the satelite only have good picture of like, big cities or somethin?

You have to give it time, it downloads the detailed images off the main server...

If every image was in the program you would not have enough hard drive space.

Whats the zipcode you ride at???

Woodsrider
09-15-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by OverBored
Yes depends if anyone uploaded detailed aerials to the server or not, if you have any you can add it yourself and it will upload to the main server.

anyways here is my Rock in the Atlantic Ocean :)

http://www.island-designs.com/pictures/myrock.jpg
OMG it's Dierwolf!:eek:

OverBored
09-15-2005, 10:01 PM
No its not DierWolf!!!! sheesh, he must be the only one on this rock.

LTandRaptorider
09-16-2005, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
OMG it's Dierwolf!:eek:

Exactly what I just yelled out to myself at 5am! :eek:

Then I yelled out I should get my butt to work... then yelled out WTF am I yelling to myself... then I quietly said to myself I should turn the light on in the turtle aquarium... Then I yelled out it's FRIDAY! :D Should be another interesting day for my co-workers...

btw... yep, Google Earth is great! ;)

tater_kamik
09-16-2005, 03:22 AM
google earth rocks! you can change the angle in ny city and put up the building thing, and taks a sort of tour through ny, check out the pyramids and the hoover dam

Woodsrider
09-16-2005, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Exactly what I just yelled out to myself at 5am! :eek:
Look at his replies in the "president" thread. The quad in his Avitar, and where he lives. Hes back.

OverBored
09-16-2005, 08:15 AM
I will take pictures of DW's quad next to mine and you will see the major differences, i alrady said he is the one that helped me build mine since he already did one.

Funny thing is mine came out better (guess 2nd time around you learn from your mistakes)

I suppose the guy down the street from you with the same quad as your is also you??? No one can talk about Katrina without being DierWolf? no one can have an oppinion without being him either? Only Dierwolf lives on this island?

If so then Bushmanrebel and Rasta are also DierWolf??