PDA

View Full Version : accelerator pump mod

mirzasparks
09-15-2005, 07:50 PM
last week end i modified my accelator pump did any one here already try this mod

it consist in making the lobe that pushes the pump higher. :cool:

i realy like the aded response and fells much crispier and more agessive when you hit the throttle...

i will try to post a pic but dont have a camera with me.

400exBro
09-15-2005, 08:35 PM
is this mod for the stock carb or for the fcr?

also where in canada are you from?

mirzasparks
09-17-2005, 10:25 AM
this mod is for the stock carb but can be done on every carb equiped with an accelerator pump

remove the plastic cover on the left side of the carb you will see the cam where the throttle cable is atach then ou will see a little roler that pushes the pump... basicly at the end of the lobe you glue a little piece of pastic in a way that the pump give more fuel at wot .

awsome results ...:cool:

Syrus
09-17-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by mirzasparks
this mod is for the stock carb but can be done on every carb equiped with an accelerator pump

remove the plastic cover on the left side of the carb you will see the cam where the throttle cable is atach then ou will see a little roler that pushes the pump... basicly at the end of the lobe you glue a little piece of pastic in a way that the pump give more fuel at wot .

awsome results ...:cool:

Heh, sounds like you gonna hear "Boom" soon :p

Papio400ex
09-17-2005, 12:34 PM
or, instead of rigging it up like that, you could get a boyseen accelator pump cover, and it takes all that problem away

blake_mx_racer
09-17-2005, 12:43 PM
they only make the boyseen ones for fcr carbs

400exBro
09-17-2005, 07:46 PM
does the quick shot work 100%... i have heard it sometimes doesn't work or people have had bad luck with them...

i am running the fcr 40mm carb and am having problems with it cutting out on me in the whoops, it really pisses me off becuase you lose a lot of time because you can't time them as well as i want to...

Papio400ex
09-17-2005, 10:45 PM
one of the guys i race with had problems with his hybrid crf450 quad starting and it would stall every once in awhile, the accelerator pump cover helped a lot. It now starts 1st or 2nd kick and it never dies ever anywhere on the track anymore. i give the product a 10.