PDA

View Full Version : Predator Vs. YFZ450?

ZQ8Dude
09-15-2005, 06:12 PM
so i called a yamaha dealer and they can get me a YFZ for the same price ill have to pay for a polaris.

what do you guys think i should buy? i was leaning heavily towards the predator, but was informed that for 05/06 they were raised, and im afraid its gonna feel like powersliding my dads raptor.

Also i sat on an 05 YFZ and really really like the way it sits and how light the bikes are, so garanteed it'd react like my 400ex.

what do you think? i dont race, other then drag racing, but i ride trails very very hard.

is the height difference between years on the polaris alot?
power difference?
potential difference?
is it easy to kick the rear end out? my 400ex is a quick hip movement, while the raptor is alot more of a body motion.

jumptruck
09-15-2005, 06:20 PM
I HAVE A 05 LE PRED DONT WORRY ABOUT THE HIEGHT ITS NOTHING LIKE THE 660 I USED TO OWN ONE THE PRED HANDLES SLIDES JUMPS FAR BETTER ITS LIKE NIGHT AND DAY I HAVE ALSO RIDEN THE YFZ VERY SWEET BIKE THE ONLY REASON I DIDNT BUY IT WAS NO ''R'' BUT HONESTLY THE MORE I RIDE THE PRED THE MORE I LIKE AND GIVEN A CHOICE NOW I WOULD BUY THE PRED

jumptruck
09-15-2005, 06:25 PM
I ALSO LIKE TO DRAG RACE THE LE PRED CAME WITH THE PURE SLIP ON AND IT RUNS GREAT MY BUDDY HAS A KFX 700 WITH PIPES JETS AND A K AND N I HAVE NO PROB BEATING HIM THE GUY THAT HAS THE YFZ WONT BRING IT OUT SO I DONT KNOW ABOUT IT BUT CANT WAIT TO FIND OUT THEY ARE REALLY FAST SO WILL SEE

Flynbryan19
09-19-2005, 02:12 PM
They are both great machines. I've had the oppertunity to ride both. The yfz is lighter and faster. But unless you really do plan on racing often I believe the pred is a better ride. The predator is alot softer suspended, and the new ones have reverse.

The predator has more of a linear powerband and is more of a torque motor. The yfz on the other hand has a 2-stroke like hit and is alittle more work to keep in the meat of the powerband because its more of a revy motor.

They are also far and away easier to corner than the Raptor. I too came from a raptor to a pred and I like the predator MUCH better.

I think of the Yfz as a straight racer, and the predator more as a recreational machine with the ability to race. You will certainly not be disappointed in either one though.

ZQ8Dude
09-19-2005, 02:21 PM
ive decided on a predator. i probably should posted that in this thread.

recently i went through some YFZ forums and found that they use a plastic plug where the decompression pin was. since it was a dirtbike engine. anyways alot people are having trouble with that plug coming out and the engine starts pissing oil...no thankyou.

jumptruck
09-19-2005, 04:14 PM
i think you will be very happy let us know when you get how you like it