PDA

View Full Version : new levers

racingquads22
09-15-2005, 05:06 PM
i was wanting to put new levers on my 400ex my clutch lever and break lever are getting kinda worn down and i was wondering how hard it is to put new ones on?? any help would be great....also if any one has some for sale i'd be up for buying some too

BlazingYamahaYz
09-15-2005, 05:20 PM
Shouldn't be too hard. I replaced the clutch/brake levers on my old bike many times. It's usually only one or two screws and then the cable.

racingquads22
09-15-2005, 05:59 PM
iight thanks anyone else?

450robot
09-15-2005, 06:11 PM
heres a tip for when putting it them on

first connect the cable to the lever, and then set it into the perch

makes it alot easier than trying to wiggle the cable into the lever after you have bolted it on

400exrules
09-15-2005, 07:08 PM
dont wanna take over the thread, but i thought i would ask instead of making a new thread:

when you get an aftermarket clutch perch and lever, can you adjust the clutch like you can on stock? like....can you adjust the tension, and how far the clutch has to be pulled to engage, cuz i like for my clutch to engage/disengage close to the handlebars. And i rode my friends xr200, and the clutch engaged when it was almost all the way out, and i cant stand that.

09-15-2005, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
dont wanna take over the thread, but i thought i would ask instead of making a new thread:

when you get an aftermarket clutch perch and lever, can you adjust the clutch like you can on stock? like....can you adjust the tension, and how far the clutch has to be pulled to engage, cuz i like for my clutch to engage/disengage close to the handlebars. And i rode my friends xr200, and the clutch engaged when it was almost all the way out, and i cant stand that. yes, yo ucan still adjust them the same way... get some RTC levers if you need new levers, they are worth the little money

zephead400ex
09-15-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
yes, yo ucan still adjust them the same way... get some RTC levers if you need new levers, they are worth the little money

I agree. I have an RTC perch and have absolutely no complaints. They make a great product and have great customer service.

My. $.02.

09-15-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
I agree. I have an RTC perch and have absolutely no complaints. They make a great product and have great customer service.

My. $.02. congrats about that baby :eek2: ;)