PDA

View Full Version : What To Do With My 450r

BOOKIES
09-15-2005, 03:35 PM
I AM NEW TO THE ATV WORLD AND JUST BOUGHT A 450R.
I WANT TO GET IT FASTER AND NEED SOME SUGGESTIONS ON WHERE TO START. PIPE RECCOMENDATIONS WOULD HELP.
THANKS'

MR.BIG
09-15-2005, 03:44 PM
Get the hrc kit and put a pipe on it and it will feel like a completely different bike. They will make a huge difference as for pipe recommendations do a search because there have been a lot of debates on who's the best.

xsr_racing28c
09-16-2005, 11:17 AM
i personally think that before you touch the motor, you should consider doing suspension mods.... it made a world of difference on mine...

Smoker
09-16-2005, 02:01 PM
Pipe, filter, and get it jetted, I felt like the 450 didn't run right until I did that. As far as pipes, depends how much you want to spend, everyone has different opinions about them. Probably just something like an HMF slip-on, relatively inexpensive and not overly loud. One thing I have to have on a pipe is a replaceable mount, eventually they all break so it's nice to be able to just bolt a new one on. Then a cam or suspension work. The suspension does make a night and day difference on how the bike handles and rides. My $.02

Honda
09-16-2005, 03:32 PM
What year?

I put a longer swingarm, new linkage and rear shock on mine, best mod I have made yet. But mine is a 04, you may not need it on the new 06.

I also highly recommend the IMS foot pegs with kick up and the heal guards they produce.

Steering stabilizer does wonders as well.

Everybody seems to concentrate on making more power. What good is that power if you can't effectively put it down to the ground?

I have the HRC kit on my engine, and although I am going to get a pipe, this thing is plenty fast as it is..........rarely see 4th gear and beyond.

Smoker
09-16-2005, 03:42 PM
I'm a firm believer in suspension upgrades, ride faster and fatigue less, you need the pipe though, at least until you can afford the boinger upgrades.

JRP
09-16-2005, 07:28 PM
id say the HRC kit, rossier pipe, jet it and ac pro pegs

dj400ex
09-18-2005, 12:13 AM
if u dont like nerf bars, or you dont want to spend like $200 dollars on foot pegs.. i'd try and get ahold of derisi @ (704)-538-3512 for like 50 $ and all u have to do is drill and bold them over ur stock ones...

its not that great of a pic of it.

jdwxv3
09-18-2005, 05:39 AM
I'd say suspension, it will make you faster than a pipe and jet kit anyday, if suspension is to much try C&D racing they will hook you up with a set of flexx bars for $269.00, I hear they help also. A pipe will not make you a faster or better rider but they do sound cool:D