PDA

View Full Version : chain?

400exrider5
09-15-2005, 12:46 PM
i was recently in the sand dunes and the lub i used just made tons of sand stick to the chain now im back ive cleaned and cleaned my chain but the sand is still on it. any sugestions on how to clean it off well.

Mojo250
09-16-2005, 07:56 AM
try takng it off and soaking it in a degreaser, than use chain wax, you can get stuff that resists dirt and sand.

wringmaster
09-19-2005, 11:26 AM
Dont listen to mojo!! This will degrease your chain and you can put all the lube you want to on it and it never will be as smooth and quiet as a new one. I recomend pressure washing{dont stay in one spot on the chain to long, or youll have the same problem}
Should fix you right up

MadMan400ex
09-20-2005, 02:50 PM
i wouldnt pressure wash your chain. this will strip the chain wax off the same as soaking it. use air. sand is dry and will fly out like a sand blaster when you hit it with a blow gun. and opposed to soaking, you do not have to remove your chain to do this. in the future, use less chain lube. you only need heavier lube in muddy conditions.

Mojo250
09-20-2005, 07:18 PM
i'm sorry, i thought that would have been a good idea, no need to put my reply down like that man!

anyways..hope everyone's replies helped you out with your chain.