PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite part of riding?

Jersey450R
09-15-2005, 07:42 AM
Well, being that i've enjoyed riding my whole life, i've noticed theres that certain thing about riding quads that nothing compares to. Not really sure what it is, just a feeling of pride, security, independance, freedom, and togetherness. I love going out, tearing chit up, and not worrying about nothing else...just me and my quad. On a bad day, even when your tired and your mind is boggled with bills and worries, you get up and get on your quad and go to your favorite place to ride. Then your day ends up so much better and seems very worthwhile, like as if your quad is a remedy. Meet up with a good friend, go out and ride, sit there and talk about everything and anything because no one will know. Just you, friend(s), and the pit/track. I've noticed Sundays have transformed into "riding day" and not a day to relax. Well, my thing is if your havin fun, letting everything else go, and riding...you are relaxing.

These are the things that people who dont ride or go against us riders dont know, and never will know.

Basically, what i'm trying to say is...I love riding. ;)

steveatv3
09-15-2005, 07:44 AM
I love the community / respect and i like working on quads more then i like to ridem

dirtmomma
09-15-2005, 07:52 AM
I like it cuz we do it as a family :) I really don't know WHAT else we would do LOL, if we aren't riding & camping we are racing!!!
I also feel it keeps my boyz out of trouble & off the streets hanging w/ thier freinds doing God knows what!!
It's also made my oldest son a dang fine mechanic!!!
Whe I'm out on the trail I guess it's just time to let loose if someone could hear me they'd LOL :o I sing to myself ect. hahaha

09-15-2005, 08:08 AM
I like it because its a stress relief for me, keeps me in shape. I can go fast, slow do what ever theres a lot of freedom in it.

That and the friends you make riding are the best friends you could ever have.

maynard22
09-15-2005, 08:15 AM
Definitely the friends, I have had my quad for just over a year and I have met some of the best people. I have forged friendships with people that will last a lifetime.

OverBored
09-15-2005, 08:24 AM
The wind, the peace, the quiet and the shear adrenaline.

Jersey450R
09-15-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by maynard22
Definitely the friends, I have had my quad for just over a year and I have met some of the best people. I have forged friendships with people that will last a lifetime.

Wow, thats so weird. the same EXACT things happened to me.

Jersey450R
09-15-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by maynard22

Wow, thats so weird. the same EXACT things happened to me.

tim colston
09-15-2005, 11:12 AM
For me quads got me off of some bad chit that was somewhat running my life. I thank god for my wife and quad.

09-15-2005, 11:20 AM
sense of freedom with going anywhere I want to and nothing can stop me

Jersey450R
09-15-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by tim colston
For me quads got me off of some bad chit that was somewhat running my life. I thank god for my wife and quad.

See, thats what i like to hear. Awesome post man.

PS...keep the quad ;)

ThumPIN_450R
09-15-2005, 02:24 PM
I like how on the track me and my freinds can come within inches of killing eachother for a 4 dollar trophy and then talk about it afterwards like it was nothing.

HondaRacer300ex
09-15-2005, 03:45 PM
I love all of it. Without my quad..Let's not go there:D

400exrules
09-15-2005, 04:08 PM
meet lots of new,cool people...i feel free and have no worries, the only worry i have when im riding is if ill get stuck or not lol.....people that dont ride just wouldnt understand until they started riding also

dober250R
09-15-2005, 04:16 PM
gotta be the adrenaline rush!!!!

400ex28
09-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by dober250R
gotta be the adrenaline rush!!!!

yeah, I love all of it....it relifs stress that i have on a bad day, i just hop on the quad and its all gone

CannondaleRider
09-15-2005, 04:30 PM
All of the good times.

I can go a whole week and be bored out of my mind in school. Come to the weekend, getting packed up for a race, getting the bikes ready for the race, the ride up there talking about certain tactics, new parts, what the track will be like. Then joking in the hotel and at dinner and such. Then the jokes during racing and after.

Then the ride home talking about what happened, what we saw, what we missed.

Many memories form that will last a lifetime:D

Then of course the actual riding, the satisfaction and adrenaline rush you get out of it

HondaRacer300ex
09-15-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
All of the good times.

I can go a whole week and be bored out of my mind in school. Come to the weekend, getting packed up for a race, getting the bikes ready for the race, the ride up there talking about certain tactics, new parts, what the track will be like. Then joking in the hotel and at dinner and such. Then the jokes during racing and after.

Then of course the actual riding, the satisfaction and adrenaline rush you get out of it

That was beautiful:D

Jake250ex
09-15-2005, 08:44 PM
I dont know if its just me, but one thing I live to ride for is to watch crazy guys to crazy things. Hell, I could only take my quad and follow drunk/crazy people around and do no riding besides that, and have the time of my life.

Butters
09-15-2005, 09:02 PM
i like tearing stuff up. its like killing, without anything dying.

LT250Racer609
09-15-2005, 09:24 PM
i think its the girls at the races lol

Jersey450R
09-16-2005, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
All of the good times.

good stuff man.

sampleez
09-16-2005, 04:36 PM
smoking 450r's :blah: :D :D :D hahaha j/p

i guess ya'll pretty much nailed it on the head.......the freedom, adrenaline, hanging out with ridin buddies, jumping new/big stuff, freestylin, etc............

09-16-2005, 04:47 PM
watching my buddy john hit the double on his sportsman:devil:

Warnerade
09-16-2005, 06:07 PM
i love free riding on natural terrain.

used to be all i did, until the place got closed down. racing on a track is great, but nothing will ever beat making your own lines, finding your own jumps, no pressure on you...and having a good time with your buddies.

I-7
09-16-2005, 06:33 PM
I just like the fact how riding/racing relieves most of the stresses in life - mostly riding that is. Its just you, your friends, your quad, and a good time. You just relieve all the tension you face in everyday life like people you don't get along with, drugs, bills, and other stress and you can just enjoy it. And theres so many memories that come out of it. When your taking a little break and your just talking you just find yourself saying "OH MAN REMEMBER THIS!" and "Remember when we tried that huge hill climb" and its those memories you'll never forget. Even when everything goes wrong like you crash, your quad breaks, you will still look back on it and be like "man, that was definatley worth it. It was a good day"

I guess I'll change this quote and say: A bad day riding is still better then a good day working.

-peace

thrasher_ex
09-16-2005, 08:45 PM
being 100% your own boss

pushing limits

adrenaline, if you get bored, click it up :devil:

the danger

the wrecks...yeah they suck at the time but are definately an experience

having enough power to do anything within sanity

talking about the ride with friends

XtremeSkier
09-16-2005, 10:46 PM
freedom:)

09-16-2005, 10:48 PM
Just thought of some other ones too..

The feeling once you've won

The feeling after you cleared a jump you could never do or a trick you couldnt nail

The crashes and pain you learn from lmao

lonestar13r
09-17-2005, 01:37 PM
the feeling that nothing can catch you ,especally messed up emotions, you can't hear any one's bs, freinds and memorys are the best you will find.... and the chicks dig it. lofl. and like a few people said, what its like to win, land the big stuff ect. -Ethan

JDiablo
09-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by steveatv3
I love the community / respect and i like working on quads more then i like to ridem

Same here,lol for some reason sometimes i love working on them more then riding

FoxRacing81
09-17-2005, 01:55 PM
The riding part.....seems thats what I do the least of. Always wrenching, spending, and swearing when things don't go right. Leasts its fun when it runs. :ermm:

Pappy
09-17-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
Same here,lol for some reason sometimes i love working on them more then riding

it used to be a mix of riding and wrenching for me. now that i dont have much of a choice, the wrenching seems to be the largest part for me.

even when i rode alot, being around people that shared in the fun and excitement atv riding brings seemed to be #1 in my book.