PDA

View Full Version : sttering stabalizer

bumble bee band
09-14-2005, 09:39 PM
i was wondering how does a sttering stablizer work and how much does it improve the handling of your quad also if you already have a antivibe sttering stem do you still need a stabalizer thanks!!!:confused:

QuadJunkies
09-15-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by bumble bee band
i was wondering how does a sttering stablizer work and how much does it improve the handling of your quad also if you already have a antivibe sttering stem do you still need a stabalizer thanks!!!:confused: It impoves it IMMENSLY! And yes, you still can run both,the stabilizer helps all the " wander" you get on the front of your qaud, I know mine I crank all the way up when riding in Sand
what will this be going on? I have both anti vibe and damper, you will notice right off what a difference they both will make and the amt of arm fatigue will lessen with having them :)

prepracing
09-15-2005, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by bumble bee band
i was wondering how does a sttering stablizer work and how much does it improve the handling of your quad also if you already have a antivibe sttering stem do you still need a stabalizer thanks!!!:confused:

it puts tension on the steering stem, and you can adjust the tension for different riding terrain. As said above it helps your steering from dancing around side to side in rough terrain which can help reduce arm pumps. But mainly just used in race applications, if only recreational riding is done its probably not worth having one.

Chino886
09-15-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
It impoves it IMMENSLY! And yes, you still can run both,the stabilizer helps all the " wander" you get on the front of your qaud, I know mine I crank all the way up when riding in Sand
what will this be going on? I have both anti vibe and damper, you will notice right off what a difference they both will make and the amt of arm fatigue will lessen with having them :)

hey QJ,

Can you post a pic of how you have yours mounted up? I have been wanting to mount mine up for a while but just thinking about it give me a headache?

D

QuadJunkies
09-15-2005, 10:52 AM
Can you see it in this ??

QuadJunkies
09-15-2005, 10:53 AM
MY front end is so crammed ful!!! :p lol

then I add a sway bar for FT racing...

QuadJunkies
09-15-2005, 10:54 AM
another...

Chino886
09-15-2005, 10:55 AM
Can you see it in this ??

is your shock rezzie on the back frame tube in front of the oil reservoir? I just have to relocate my shock rezzie.

QuadJunkies
09-15-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Chino886
is your shock rezzie on the back frame tube in front of the oil reservoir? I just have to relocate my shock rezzie. Im trying t ofind a thread that shows VERY close up pics of how its all set up for you, just might take me a bit ;)

Chino886
09-15-2005, 10:59 AM
Im trying t ofind a thread that shows VERY close up pics of how its all set up for you, just might take me a bit ;)

thanks, I would appreciate that, I have done searches upon searches and all I have learned it make sure that it doesn't bind when the bars are turned. not a whole lot of helpful info on this. I have 2 denton rebuildables and thought about doing one from the front and one from the back.

QuadJunkies
09-15-2005, 11:01 AM
here ya go!! :)

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140912&perpage=15&highlight=sway&pagenumber=3

see if this helps ;)

QuadJunkies
09-15-2005, 11:04 AM
well shoot, I tohught this thread had close ups of mine.. I guess not :( I know I have some somewhere , I just dont no where :confused:

IT should still be of some help though

Chino886
09-15-2005, 11:48 AM
well shoot, I tohught this thread had close ups of mine.. I guess not :( I know I have some somewhere , I just dont no where :confused:

IT should still be of some help though

thanks, you have answered my questions, looks like I know what I am doing tonight, tinkering with the quad.

Chino886
09-16-2005, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Chino886
thanks, you have answered my questions, looks like I know what I am doing tonight, tinkering with the quad.

i could not get mine to mount up properly last night, it would always bind when I turned to one side. i have seen some people mount theirs from the front right side motor mount, any one have any suggestions.

QuadJunkies
09-16-2005, 09:48 AM
it binded when you done it like this too?? It shouldnt :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/QuadJunkies/DSC02092.jpg

Chino886
09-16-2005, 09:51 AM
it binded when you done it like this too?? It shouldnt :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/QuadJunkies/DSC02092.jpg

i really can't see it in that pic.....

quadtrash466
09-16-2005, 11:47 AM
on a 400ex the stabilizer works the best mounted to the left motor mount, no binding. I've tried other places in the past on my old 400ex and they all binded.

trx400exxracer
09-16-2005, 08:28 PM
If your looking for a steering stabilizer for cheap go to Legacy Atv's web site and go to viper products and look at there steering stabilizer for $135.00

QuadJunkies
09-17-2005, 12:59 AM
mine is mounted by the Idenification sticker on mine, and I have scoops,Sway Bar Damper and REzzies all crammed in there and it doesnt bind at all.

Chino886
09-17-2005, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by quadtrash466
on a 400ex the stabilizer works the best mounted to the left motor mount, no binding. I've tried other places in the past on my old 400ex and they all binded.

more details please.....