PDA

View Full Version : lt250r??

adrenalinejunke
06-10-2002, 10:09 PM
does anyone know how an lt250 whould be as an mx quad?????

Ben
06-11-2002, 04:00 PM
I defer to guy. :)

Guy400
06-11-2002, 06:47 PM
It all depends on how serious you want to get into racing. If you're doing this for money or for points than you're almost going to be forced into a Honda 250R unless you don't mind spending a little cash. HSD Racing makes a front end kit that cures the Zuk's 0 degree front end rake problem. Unfortunately, I believe the kits about $1100. That's really the biggest obstacle you'll have to overcome. You can get swingarms by Laeger, RPM, etc. that run the round carrier (like Honda) and you can get adapter hubs to run Honda wheels on your LT axle. You can also get a-arms that allow you to run Honda shocks (cheap to find used). People will lead you to believe that the aftermarket for Suzuki is just about gone but that's simply not the truth. If you pick up the phone and ask these companies if they offer LT parts you'll be surprised to find out that a lot of them do.
I'm waiting on money from a mutual fund I cashed in to buy my full Elka suspension and then I plan on getting into some MX events. I want to get the suspension first and then go to our local MX track to practice ($10 to ride all day til the sun goes down). Then come this winter my motor's being shipped off to Eric Gorr for a bore, porting, headwork and all new bearings and seals. Then I plan on getting into racing a little more seriously next spring.