PDA

View Full Version : the future?

newcath45
09-14-2005, 04:49 PM
how long do you think honda will produce the 450r? will it only go for nother year or two, or will it go on as long as who noes? what do u think the future of honda and the 450r will lead to?

09-15-2005, 10:09 AM
no one can be certain..........but it seems that honda is not the pioneer, that it once was. Either that, or the other manufacturers catch wind of what honda is working on, and produce a product before honda puts theirs out.
Honda is kind of like BASF. They don't make the 450........they make it better!!!

So, I think honda will follow what ever is popular at the time.

450r51
09-15-2005, 12:51 PM
force u hit the nail on the head. i just cant wait to see what the new race quad will be like in 10 years, or even 20 there gonna be so fast and light.

Dippy Dawg
09-17-2005, 07:17 PM
If they get the crap sued out of them they will drop project 450r in a heartbeat. They quit them before they will quit them again, that's why i quick ran out and bought one. been there,done that.

TWISTED
09-17-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Dippy Dawg
If they get the crap sued out of them they will drop project 450r in a heartbeat. They quit them before they will quit them again, that's why i quick ran out and bought one. been there,done that.

If they do that, I'm gonna buy a couple of R's and cover them in WD40 like I should've done with a couple of 250r's.

Pappy
09-17-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
If they do that, I'm gonna buy a couple of R's and cover them in WD40 like I should've done with a couple of 250r's.

aint that the truth!

i dont think anyone got wind of what honda was doing, i honestly think honda had its d!ck knocked in the dirt back in the day and they are not about to be the lead dog in the perfomance catagory. thats not saying they wont give us quads that have the potential, the 250R wasnt even all that stock.

suzuki has placed thier money with racers and used thier feedback to produce what should be a killer quad. polaris is charging ahead in many venues of technolgy relating to high performance quads and ofcourse yamaha said the heck with everyone and built a racer right out fo the box.

i dont know what the future is, but i hope im around to see it all!

09-19-2005, 08:14 PM
What i liek about honda is maybe they dont have the fastest or best quad out there n dont have a new quad every other month like yamaha but honda puts a lot into each machine n doesnt just say hey lets try this out n see what happens like yamaha

macsolocam
09-19-2005, 08:20 PM
It's not what HONDA can do for YOU...It is what YOU can do for HONDA!!!!!

:blah:

jeepnrocks
09-21-2005, 02:56 PM
This is just my opinion but I doubt we will see the lawsuits that plagued the sport the first time. Simply because the quads are now required to have warning labels on them and are not to be sold to people of a certain age. If someone is 15 and gets hurt riding a 450R its on the people that bought it for him or allowed him to ride it. Thats just my .02, I might be right, might be wrong

quadrcr161
09-21-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by jeepnrocks
This is just my opinion but I doubt we will see the lawsuits that plagued the sport the first time. Simply because the quads are now required to have warning labels on them and are not to be sold to people of a certain age. If someone is 15 and gets hurt riding a 450R its on the people that bought it for him or allowed him to ride it. Thats just my .02, I might be right, might be wrong

why dont you see people sueing honda or any other mfg? people are sueing mcdonalds b/c they are fat and rockstar games because they couldnt tell that a video game and life was not the same. honda seems to be trying to take it easy with the new line, but no matter what you put out there people who dont need to be on it will be and do something stupid. now we have laws to protect the stupid.

culookn
09-22-2005, 03:35 PM
like anything else it will just be a matter of time before someone goes after honda or any other manufacture. people always put the blame on others but never themselves. i think will see the 450 around for a while but like everything else, its only a matter of time before it finds its way into the atv history book.