PDA

View Full Version : suspension kits

Honda#4
09-14-2005, 09:17 AM
what is the best suspension kit out there?

Silverfox@C&DRacing
09-14-2005, 10:01 AM
what atv?

09-14-2005, 10:08 AM
That is about as subjective as what quad is best. For most everybody, you can take for instance Epic, Roll, Leager, Walsh, Jansen, Gibson etc. Combine them with properly set up Elka, Axis, PEP or even TCS shocks and not have that person really tell a marked difference. Look at what your budget will get you. You can get the same A-arms that the entire Team Alba racers use from Epic for $795 and you won't be dissapointed. That's what I have and I love them. If you ride XC style, maybe ARS-FX might be better for clearance.

Now be prepared for 15 other opinions.

Honda#4
09-14-2005, 10:58 AM
03 400ex, another thing when u buy a kit do they come with that little t valve the thing that hooks both front brake lines together,
i was looking at maybe a janssen kit with +3 arms

TBD
09-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Honda#4
what is the best suspension kit out there?
The only true suspension kit out there is Ishock. Comes with everything you need to put the frontend on. Also check out Rated X Motorsports. Long shock arms for 695.00. Both companies have excellent customer service.

Yamahauler_04
09-14-2005, 02:30 PM
So does the Lobo kit.

TBD
09-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Yamahauler_04
So does the Lobo kit.
I didn't know that there was a Lobo kit. Does it come with brake lines, billet brake line clamps, shocks, arms, tie rods and a ball joint removal tool? That is all in one box and from one company.

09-14-2005, 05:46 PM
Why don't you try to promote one thing at a time. Looks like you have a conflict of interest going on there.

Yamahauler_04
09-14-2005, 06:01 PM
A kit doesn't have to be from one company. It's a system designed to work togother, sold as a unit.

Minus the balljoint tool and clamps, yes.

Duncan Racing.com Lobo Kits (http://www.duncanracing.com/prods/RD-LB215F/)

Straight from the Duncan Racing Website, everthing but the clamps and the balljoint tool.

Many arms and shocks out there, most companies have seen each others specs, but few were specifically designed to work together. Only... no, I am sure there are more.

400exrider707
09-14-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by TBD
The only true suspension kit out there is Ishock. Comes with everything you need to put the frontend on. Also check out Rated X Motorsports. Long shock arms for 695.00. Both companies have excellent customer service.

Not true at all, many companies sell whole suspension kits:o

TBD
09-14-2005, 06:59 PM
A kit doesn't have to be from one company. It's a system designed to work togother, sold as a unit.

Minus the balljoint tool and clamps, yes.

Duncan Racing.com Lobo Kits (http://www.duncanracing.com/prods/RD-LB215F/)

Straight from the Duncan Racing Website, everthing but the clamps and the balljoint tool.

Many arms and shocks out there, most companies have seen each others specs, but few were specifically designed to work together. Only... no, I am sure there are more.
You are right but the nice thing about Ishocks kit is that it is all from one company so you only have to make one call when there is a issue.

TBD
09-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Not true at all, many companies sell whole suspension kits:o
Which company sells a kit that has there a-arms, there shocks, there brakelines and so on? Ishocks kit is all there product and no one elses.

TBD
09-14-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by mrbluehair
Why don't you try to promote one thing at a time. Looks like you have a conflict of interest going on there.
I have no problem promoting both products because I know they are quality products. The two don't conflict at all.

Yamahauler_04
09-14-2005, 08:08 PM
So it has to be all manufactured by one company to be considered a kit?

It can't be multiple companies working together for a package?

Well I guess for this to continue, we must define kit.

09-15-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by TBD
Which company sells a kit that has there a-arms, there shocks, there brakelines and so on? Ishocks kit is all there product and no one elses.

He is right, everything you need is in one box, and manufactured by one company. Everyone else may have package "kits" but are supplied from several sources.

Yamahauler_04
09-15-2005, 10:24 AM
Is that any less a kit?

Again, we must define kit to go any further.

TBD
09-15-2005, 10:46 AM
Is that any less a kit?

Again, we must define kit to go any further.
I guess I should of said it's the most complete kit. Mrbluehair said it well when he reffered to the others as a package. I'm not sure where you would draw a line between kit and package.

Yamahauler_04
09-15-2005, 11:02 AM
Semantics more than anything else.

To get back on track. There is no definate best.

There is no measured tests to define a arm quality, and no one to run them

Shocks are all about feel and setup.

Here's what I can do for you:

Arms: Roll Design, Laeger, ARS-FX, Walsh

Shocks: Elka, Axis, PEP

There are others, but I leave those to the others to add on.

09-15-2005, 11:04 AM
No I suppose not. I think the confusion started with the name of the thread.
Companies like Duncan will package a setup consisting from their a-arms, tie rods, shocks form Elka and brake lines from another source to comprise a kit.

Ishock sells their a-arms, tie rods, shocks and brake lines as their single brand package.

The only difference is one has a single source, the other has several.

Go with what you like.

09-15-2005, 11:04 AM
Exactly.

Semantics more than anything else.

To get back on track. There is no definate best.

There is no measured tests to define a arm quality, and no one to run them

Shocks are all about feel and setup.

Here's what I can do for you:

Arms: Roll Design, Laeger, ARS-FX, Walsh

Shocks: Elka, Axis, PEP

There are others, but I leave those to the others to add on.

400exrider707
09-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by TBD
I guess I should of said it's the most complete kit. Mrbluehair said it well when he reffered to the others as a package. I'm not sure where you would draw a line between kit and package.

Although it is from one source, it still isn't anymore complete than other kits:o

TBD
09-15-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Although it is from one source, it still isn't anymore complete than other kits:o
Name one other kit that is more complete.

Yamahauler_04
09-15-2005, 02:40 PM
The guys at Duncan will set mine up for me...:p

WORCSYFZ199
09-17-2005, 01:26 AM
you forget the ishock is not long travel and is aimed more toward recreation riders than anything, notice what the pro's run, they run what they do for 2 reasons, performance and sponsorship. I see what the pro's can do on thier set-ups and I want to do the same so I'd want to get a suspension kit that is trysted by the pros that's all.

TBD
09-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by WORCSYFZ199
you forget the ishock is not long travel and is aimed more toward recreation riders than anything, notice what the pro's run, they run what they do for 2 reasons, performance and sponsorship. I see what the pro's can do on thier set-ups and I want to do the same so I'd want to get a suspension kit that is trysted by the pros that's all.
Your right that the Ishock kit is geared more for the rec end of the sport for now. They have a lot more to come. As far as "long travel" goes. Just because pros run it doesn't matter. The numbers that make the suspension work are all that matters to me.

WORCSYFZ199
09-17-2005, 01:51 PM
I understand what you say about numbers but just cause it looks good on paper doesn't always mean it's the best therefore I'd go with a kit that professionals have been testing for years to get everthying working perfct because no one goes faster than they do

400exstud
09-18-2005, 07:41 PM
Not even OEM HONDA stuff is always honda stuff. They don't even make some of it so why bother to worry about aftermarket stuff?

If you can slap some crap together and go faster than your buddy next to you I would call it a kit.