PDA

View Full Version : Sand Geckos vs. Haulers

AceLtz
09-13-2005, 11:42 PM
i have sand geckos right now, im looking around for some skat trak 7 or 8 paddle haulers. in a drag race will haulers make a big difference in performance?

twisted threads
09-14-2005, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by AceLtz
In a drag race will haulers make a big difference in performance?

Haulers will be way better tire for drag racing and there will be a HUGE difference in performance over your Geckos. If you ask me the Hauler is way better then the Geckos just about any were out in the sand.

AceLtz
09-14-2005, 04:06 PM
is a drag race would getting haulers make a few quad length difference?

mystock450r
09-15-2005, 11:48 AM
Probably will not make that big of a difference, but they are lighter and will hook so much harder. About the only thing the gecko's are better at is cutting donuts.

hawiianpwr
09-15-2005, 10:01 PM
I'd also look into the Sandstars, I have a set and I love them good all around tire.

brif
09-16-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by mystock450r
Probably will not make that big of a difference, but they are lighter and will hook so much harder. About the only thing the gecko's are better at is cutting donuts.

The difference is night and day! If you want to drag, I would run not walk to a place for a set. I would get just regular haulers not extremes. Size and paddle choice seem to be a personal thing. I run 8 paddles but for a mildly modded machine I'choose 7 paddle.
Most pic up a bike or 2 by just switching between 20"s and 22"s haulers. I good 21x12x8 7 paddle and you will be in bussiness. If possible I would also try a 6 paddle. After 1 ride you will consider it money well spent........