PDA

View Full Version : goki elect start and kick same time

ballbraker1980
09-13-2005, 08:55 PM
for all the people who love kicking but want the option of pushing a button there is a way to get that since honda has decided not to make that an option for 06. http://gokimfg.com/cgi-bin/web_store.cgi goki has a kit to give you electric start minus the battery plus you get 18 percent more oil capacity good for those racers. best of both worlds. and it is cheaper then most upgrades at 500 it is cheaper then my exhaust and a- arms.

Kit Includes:

Main Casting (with 18% more oil capacity)
Cranking Motor
Ring Gear
Battery Box
Wiring harness with all terminals and connectors installed
Push button starting switch with mounting plate
Oil filter
Fly wheel puller
Ring gear installation tool
Detailed installation instructions with photos

jesshamner
09-13-2005, 09:29 PM
Isn't this old news? I'm pretty sure that this has been out for a few months now.

450robot
09-13-2005, 09:37 PM
id rather buy the parts from honda to make mine estart, $500 is a lot of money

Shawn Hess
09-13-2005, 10:08 PM
:) I have Installed 3 Goki's so far and find them to work really well. I changed a few things in my opion make the unit alot better. 1. Remove the oil hose from the side cover, remove the front brass 45 degree fitting & replace it with a 90 degree fitting and point at about 1 Oclock, turn the rear fitting to 12 oclock and get 2 new hose clamps and you need about 12" of the same size hose. route it up & behind the starter then back down to the rear brass fitting make it just long enough with very little slak. No stick going to rip off the hose now.;) 2 We moved the starter siloniod to the back left side of the battery box, (you have to drill the 1/4 holes in the box before you bolt the battry box down). No log or rock from the spinning rear tire (espesially in muddy conditions) is going to knock off your siloniod now. 3. be sure you put some loctite on the battery box bolts & dont over tighten them they Will Come Loose Otherwise. ;) 3. With the siloniod in the back you will need to run the starter main power wire down the frame by the black wire & loom at the idle adjuster then run along the Clutch cable to be long enough. 4. We also moved the starter button to the right side handle bar at the lower hand brake bolt (I have twist throttles should work the same with thumb) you have to add to the wiring alittle but now if you kill it hot or flood it you can hold the clutch, hot start lever, throttle wide open, hit started button with your right thumb. 5. BE SURE yOU GET THE NEW GEL TYPE BATTERY OR YOU WILL BE BUYING A NEW REAR BRAKE CALIPER I already saw what battery acid does to the back of a quad on another guys bike he got the cheap acid type battery.:( 6 we aslo got some black heat srink and put over the red wire from the started up to the frame it just looked better.:) Thanks Glenn Hess

Smoker
09-14-2005, 12:34 AM
And how much does that thing weigh?

ballbraker1980
09-14-2005, 01:47 PM
who the hell cares what it weighs it cant be much besides i never notice anything really unless it is over 30 pounds and there is no way it is more then that . i am only offering the solution to the complaining i read on another thread. besides honda is not offering anything like this. go on a diet to make up for the difference.

Smoker
09-14-2005, 02:02 PM
At least you live up to your name, putz! I know some of the older Goki's were like fifty lbs. Since you seem to know it all, I was just asking, biatch!!

Shawn Hess
09-14-2005, 04:37 PM
The Goki setup is only about 5-10 pounds tops. Heck if you add long travel suspension and lengthen your swingarm you add a lot more than that. However in XC racing it is sure nice to know that your quad is always going to start on the line. In fact the Goki starts a little faster than the factory starters on the competitors quads.:D

coryatver
09-14-2005, 05:55 PM
That thing looks scary!

Smoker
09-14-2005, 08:29 PM
That's all I asked!!! The weight gain isn't too bad then. It's not the starts that I'm looking at e-start for, it's stalling on technical hills and going too hot into a corner, it's nice (and a time saver) to just grab the clutch and stab the button. I'm not complaining about the kick, that's all I ever used to ride, but there are times when a button would be a luxury.