PDA

View Full Version : Still having problems

tcr450r
09-13-2005, 08:53 PM
Well I still havent got the 450 back on its feet. I can not figure out the problem. About 2 weeks ago I made a post because my quad would not start on kick for nothing, i tryed it over and over and it would only start with a push. Everyone recommended a spark plug. So.. I just put it in and it didnt change anything. I still had to push it. I put it in at night, push start it and ride a little bit and my luck it dies out in the middle of the woods. This is the one of the only times i got it to kick start, I had to give it gas too and im not a big fan of doing that with the kickback i have felt from my machine. Well, i bring it back home, shut it off and try and try kicking it, i couldnt get it to start until I gave it just a tiny bit of gas while kicking. My idle has been acting up lately and I guess this is pretty much my main question, when I pull up and throw it in to neutral with no gas, it will idle slightly high and then it will go down to where it could die out if i didnt give it gas, but then i blip the throttle and it will go back up for a couple of secs then its back down. What is causing this and could this be why kickstarting has been acting up? Any replys are welcome, thanks.

atvdude
09-13-2005, 10:39 PM
My guess is when you put your jet kit in you got debri in the carb. and you have a fuel delivery problem or possibly jetted wrong. but i would do the usuall and check timing , compression , plug , valve clearances , cam wear , cam chain tension, and go from there.

tcr450r
09-14-2005, 06:30 PM
Well I no that it is not the jetting that has caused it, ive had it in for about 6 months now with no problems until now, but I do think that you are right about debri being in the carb. Do you think that thats y I can't get it to start? Maybe a piece of debri is clogging the jet and when i give it gas it blows it out of the jet but its still floating in the carb? I would check timing and compression and all that but I dont have the tools for that. hopefully the carb is the problem and i wont need them. Anyways thanks alot for the reply, I hope that it is only the carb and nothing major.

schulte_85
09-15-2005, 11:29 AM
your valves are out of adjustment, mine did exactly all of the above. Get your valves adjusted properly.

speedfreaksguy
09-15-2005, 11:50 AM
Yeah, it sounds like tight intake valves.