PDA

View Full Version : Seat Latch Buying Tomorrow Need Help

Rootar
09-13-2005, 07:39 PM
OK guys i need a seat latch becasue i broke my stock one and now i need one that wont break on me. who makes them ?

markk
09-13-2005, 08:47 PM
HERRMANN racing Myself and 3 other buddies of mine all run them and none of us had ever had a problem with them AT ALL!

They are easy to install and tough.

www.herrmannracing.com

Rootar
09-13-2005, 08:57 PM
gosh 55$ for a seat latch heck its a plate with holes drilled in it, 2 post with holes in them, and a pair of clips. they have gotta be maken some serious cash on those i think i found one off ebay for only 30 and it looks Eeactly like that except a different logo in the middle.

EXracer83
09-13-2005, 09:13 PM
Those "litttle pins and clips" you are talking about are like $10 for a pair. We use them on our racecar and they will hold up. You got to figure material cost for stainless steel, the electric bill and other costs for running their plasma cutter, water jet, or laser cutter to cut the plates and the welding for the pins to go on the plate. It adds up o them making around 5 to 10 bucks off them.

markk
09-14-2005, 04:55 PM
Look around i got mine new off ebay over a year ago for 45$ thats @my door!

Rootar
09-14-2005, 07:54 PM
well the more i thought about i jsut went and made my own today

its a square metal palt with a 3/8 bolt welded to it and it goes through the hole in the sub frame for the stock latch and then i have a bgi washer, a lock washer, and a big wing nut on there its alot better than stock the seat dont move at all it cost me about 5 bucks and an hour of total time i was up there

Jared Hamilton
09-14-2005, 08:25 PM
thats the exact thing i done to mine i just used my plasma cutter and cut out a NEW LATCH AND USED THE STOCK POSTS

markk
09-15-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Jared Hamilton
thats the exact thing i done to mine i just used my plasma cutter and cut out a NEW LATCH AND USED THE STOCK POSTS

The stock posts are like wood, or some chity kinda plastic!