PDA

View Full Version : How to Get 250EX Axle Out?

Fast250EX
09-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Well, as some of you may know, I have bent my axle, and I was wanting to know how to take it out. I know to remove the axle nuts, but I have never taken one out of a shaft drive vehicle before. Does it just slide out or is more disassembly necessary? If it does slide out, which side does it come out on?

Thanks a lot.;)

atvfrk10
09-13-2005, 07:25 PM
after u take off the axle nuts you take off the drum brake housing(right side) and take off the drum brake. After that the axle will slide out of the right side

kd5sfq
09-14-2005, 06:36 AM
My advice is buy yourself a repair manual. You need to torque things right or you can trash you carrier, bearings or parts vibrate loose.

The right tools are needed. It's easy to round off your axle nut if you use a pipe wrench. You can get a large adjustable wrench from Harbor Freight for under $10. I bought one of them and the Honda axle nut wrench for $50 something bucks to be able to torque it down right...

There is also an outer clip under the axle nut. You have to back off the axle nut and remove the clip before it slides out.

It's really easy to do, but doing it right will save you time, money and might even prevent injury.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=30331

kd5sfq
09-14-2005, 06:41 AM
My bad... I just re-read the post... Thought I it was a 250x. Even so I'd still suggest a repair manual and the right tools...