PDA

View Full Version : TRI-Z problems

slothminx
09-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Hey i have a 1986 yamaha TRI-Z everything else on the trike is good except. When the engine is running it gets hot and loses compression. anyone have any ideas what my problem might be

Thanks in advance

Will

slothminx
09-15-2005, 10:19 AM
Can i thank you for your throughly informative reply to my question. would anyone apart from this intelligent idividual be able to offer some serious help.

I would just like to add ommkevin. That i like trikes so much over quads that i have started a convertion of my 400ex into a trike.

only the ignorant, unintelligent individuals make comments like you do. Yes my trike may suck dick, but if you step back and look at yourself. you will find that that warm thing in your mouth is not a lolly pop.

Thanks for the help so far

Trike addicted, Will

TRXRacer1
09-15-2005, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by ommkevin
get a flippin quad trikes suck dick get rid of it u cant even turn

The words of a fool.

MR.BIG
09-16-2005, 02:00 PM
You probably need piston and rings. It sounds like you may have stuck a ring.

LTandRaptorider
09-17-2005, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
You probably need piston and rings. It sounds like you may have stuck a ring.

I agree... Probably wouldn't hurt to bore it one size over, since the engine is that old.

On another note... I think ommkevin should put his airbox lid back on. His reply in this thread demonstrated his maturity is a little too low to handle a performance increase such as that. We want to make sure all available air is going to his brain, not the quad engine. ;)

slothminx
09-17-2005, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the replies. I will take it apart and bore it one size over. And again thanks for your help.

Will

MR.BIG
09-21-2005, 12:48 PM

You are an idiot who can't even ride. It takes skill to ride a 3 wheeler something you obviousy don't have by your stupid comment.

Tom TRX250R
09-25-2005, 08:15 PM
You are an idiot who can't even ride. It takes skill to ride a 3 wheeler something you obviousy don't have by your stupid comment.

Agreed, I like 3 wheelers a lot, my friend has an 86 ATC250R and I love making the swap to it. It will literally pull a wheelie in every gear. Three wheelers are a blast to ride and all they need is more body language to control them.

slothminx, To answer your question it is most likely your rings, but when your in there I would bore it out one size over and throw a new piston in.

09-29-2005, 03:43 PM

This is the example of the type of brain dead idiot that decides after having a couple of beers to "try out one of those 3-wheelers" And since he probably grew up on quads, proceeds to flip the trike because he never learned proper body english....or written English for that matter.

Jay87
09-30-2005, 04:56 PM

what a wanker :macho

AtvMxRider
09-30-2005, 05:36 PM