PDA

View Full Version : sealed/unsealed battery

pistonbone
09-13-2005, 02:22 PM
Clymer's manual says 300ex charging system is designed to work with sealed battery... wtf is the difference with the unsealed battery? Obviously the juice can drip out but is there a difference with the way it works?

kd5sfq
09-13-2005, 02:29 PM
I think they have different charge voltages and charge times. Sealed is another term for maintenance free. Once it's filled with acid you don't need to do anything else to it but replace it when it goes bad.

They are a good idea reall... After all you don't want acid spilling out onto your frame or other metal parts.

bwamos
09-13-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by kd5sfq
I think they have different charge voltages and charge times. Sealed is another term for maintenance free. Once it's filled with acid you don't need to do anything else to it but replace it when it goes bad.

They are a good idea reall... After all you don't want acid spilling out onto your frame or other metal parts.

Or you!

pistonbone
09-13-2005, 02:47 PM
Is there a cost difference? I see the regular Honda batteries go for like $80 and then at Walmart I see the Everstart for like $17 (they are unsealed, don't remember seeing any sealed ones, does anyone know if they have sealed?).