PDA

View Full Version : Blaster buildup part 7!

bradley300
09-13-2005, 08:57 AM
EVEN MORE POWER!: by bradley300 pics by www.infernomxracing.com

PORTING AND HEAD MODS: Now that the basic building blocks of a good motor are in place, its time to get a little more serious power wise. Snyder Motor Sports is going to port the motor as well as re d- the head design for more effiecient compustion. This really gets you up to speed power wise. I told shawn the exact kind of power i was looking for and he deliverd. I said i loved the power curve I got with the pipe, air filter and reeds, i just wanted to move the curve farther up the horsepower chart. That is exactly what i got, more of everyting. There really isnt much else to say about it that you dodnt already read. I can show you an example of what it will do. The following pic is a gncc. the warrior has a hi omp. piston, wb slip on an holeshot xct tires. we also came of the line at the same time-
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/bradley300/action%20pics/georgiaholeshot.jpg
On this motor, we also are experimenting with a new aftermarket cylinder from airsal. it is aluminum and comes ported. the porting can be imporved on, so SMS just pt there specs in it. The biggest gain to the airsal cylinder is its extra thickness. For any questions about the motor or chassis componets, you can visit SMS forums at www.snydermotorsports.net

bradley300
09-13-2005, 09:14 AM
THE MOST FUN RACE SO FAR!
West virginia was by far the most fun race i have ever been involved in. The track was super fast and everyone in the top four got thier chance to lead the race at one point. The top four of us didnt get off each other the whole first lap, all of us trading licks and trying to out ride the others. The tight woods section finally seperated us for a while and we ended up just out of each others site all day. Once again, Steve Mitchell on his warrior was up front but i was able to hold 2nd place for most of the day. I did have a good wreck this week. Thru the high speed sections, there was a water break that i hit way yo hard. my front end soaked it up just fine, but the rear wasnt so lucky. It kicked the whole quad vertical i slid sideways on my front wheels for probaly five feet and thought i would save it. Then i hit a rock and go thrown, but not before the ole blaster gave me a few bruises. I got up and was able to flip the quad back over. Suprisingly the stock steering stem had not bent and neith had the tag bars. I also didnt break any levers. So beside some pain and a now broken grab bar, i was on my way. Lucily i hadnt been passed by anyone. The mx track is also alot of fun, just some real easy jumps, a few turns and a whoop section. at theend of the mx track was the finish line. As i aproached the finish line to start my 3 lap the motor bogged down and died. As i partially blocked the finish line, here came my good buddy William Yokely, by now this man must hate me, lol. Everytime i have trouble, he is the first to pass me, and i'm usually in his way (see tx video, lmao). He got around and some of the crowd pulled my quad over to see what was wrong. It ended up being a stock float, a quick tap with a rock and i was on my way again. Still hadnt been passed yet. As the 3rd lap went on, the float stuck 3 more times. Each time i had to stop, find a rock and tap the float bowl, and then give a good few kicks to start it up again. The last time it happend, countypark passed me up and took 2nd place. But that as the last time it happend and I was able to hold 3rd place. Not the best luck ive had, but the first two laps made up for everything.

See everyone at the Wisp. I will ot be doing a parts review for the wisp, but will be showing how well the parts i have had held up thru the season. so everyone watch for it!

Pvt. Maggot
09-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Sounds good, Your blaster is prob the only one I would ever ride and not be ashamed to ride. Can't wait to see the finished product. Don't forget tons of pics. I'm really intrested in seeing this aftermarket cylinder. Don't really hear of that too often. Good job. :)

XCAdam89
09-13-2005, 02:33 PM
Sounds good. Brad is also doing a step by step blaster build up on MXBlasters.com MXBlasters/Snydermotorsports will be competing in the upcoming 12 hour in the B Class.