PDA

View Full Version : Blaster build up part 6!

bradley300
09-13-2005, 08:09 AM
MORE POWER, THE EASY STUFF, LORETTA LYNNS GNCC: by bradley300, photos by atvriders.com

I geus its been a while, so i need to play some catch up! Anyway, now the the suspension dialed in, its on to more power. Just about every blaster owner has these three products: full exhaust, air filter and reed cage. They are fairly expensivefor all 3, but its the best bang for your buck. First I chose the LRD RFX blaster exhaust. LRD has always been a leader in two stroke preformance and they put an emphahsis on torque, not just high strung horsepower. It comes in chrome and retail is 399.99 from LRD. There are cheaper exhaust on the market, but this is the best looking. heres a good pic http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/bradley300/action%20pics/wvrocks.jpg
EXHUST TECH: One thing you will notice about a LRD exhaust (as well as graydon, project blaster,hetrick, ct and dyno port pipes) is that it is a totlaly different design than the stocker. The stock pipe exits downward out of the pipe, goes left, up and then right across the motor. the pipes i mentioned come out of the motor and hook right. what this does is keep excess pipe heat from blowing on the motor like it does with a stock bend pipe such as FMF, vitos, pro circut and others. Ive heard this difference between a stock bend and right side pipe is around 8 degrees.

bradley300
09-13-2005, 08:27 AM
AIR FILTER:
I went down the the quadshop and picked up a white brothers air filter. There pretty cheap, about 30 bucks. they seem to last quite a while, and they do a great job at filtering out even some tiny particles unlike some other air filters. To clean it, i use warm soapy water and just rub it in and sqeeze it out. i was really suprised how clean the air filter will come.
REED CAGE:
I knew Snyder Motorsports would be building the motor, so I went to them and asked about a good set of reeds. Shawn recomended the v-force 2 reeds at the time. v-force has a new set of reeds out called the v-force 3's that are supposed to be even better.
HOW IT RUNS:
Unless you've done similar mods to your bone stock motor you wouldnt beleive how much better the quad runs. There was a tiny improvement in low end, and from there, the power comes on quick. There is a small hit right in the mid range and a real nice hit on the top. You can definatly feel the power come on, but it stays real easy to ride. The power does come on a little harder than the stock motor, but this set up is way more fun to ride. I can still lug a gear low which i was happy with. A quick slip of the clutch puts you right back in the power for the open sections. LRD claims the pipe alone will run you up to 24 horse power which is pretty nice. A stock blaster is right around the 18 horse. Then the reeds help smooth out the power. If you really want a god amount of power, as well as a harder hit, you can take off the airbox lid. Just be sure to re-jet. I did it just to see how it runs, but i wont keep it that way for the gncc's.

bradley300
09-13-2005, 08:38 AM
LORETTA LYNNS GNCC:
This was really not what I or anyone expected. There was so much rain and so many flooded spots, that the RP crew had to make an entirely new track. The no pit bike rules were also not enforced since riding was the only way to get anywhere thanks to the 3 foot puddles in some spots. This wont be much of a race report either. I got a good start with my buddy countypark and made the first few miles really battling with everyone. It looked like a fun race to come. But then all the water got me. As a came out of a creek I got high centerd and killed the motor. I got off, pulled it back down and pointed it to take an alternate line. But the quad never started again. This would be my first DNF of the year, but i did still hold my 2nd place in the class, but now it was by only 1 point. county park was really putting the presure on now! me and countypark off the start:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/bradley300/action%20pics/TNstart.jpg

the next weekend i took the quad up to Snyder Motor Sports and we found that all the water from the race had slipped passed the side cover gasket and had shorted out the ignition coil on the timing plate. Fairly easy fix, just wish it wuldnt have happend. Along with installing a new gasket, we also put a bead of silicone around the whole thing.

I will be skipping the millfield ohio race, so i will see everyone in west virginia

Ripitupfilms
09-17-2005, 06:44 AM
i have a serious question for you how come all the gncc xc riders i see dont use shock covers wouldnt that be a goood thing to have?

bradley300
09-17-2005, 06:53 AM
there really just not needed. some stuff is going to get in anyway and the shock covers would just keep it there. not to mention most wash thiere quad after every race anyway, so theres really not a big threat to damaging anything

300ex_ryda
09-17-2005, 08:18 AM
in that last pic that 300ex looks almost the same as mine! but i like the way you have your blaster set up! very nice and sturdy looking!

bradley300
09-17-2005, 08:16 PM
the 300ex is countypark on this site, great guy to race against!

thanks for the compliments...wait till you see the new look:devil: