PDA

View Full Version : MHSC Stock Class question

jdwxv3
09-13-2005, 04:44 AM
I am thinking of putting my quad to stock to race the last Missouri Race at Park Hills. My question is...can a stock quad run IMS Roll Design Pegs and still be legal? Thanks, Josh

DJJ450r
09-13-2005, 04:58 AM
im pretty sure you can. but why are you racing the stock class tho?

tprender
09-13-2005, 05:59 AM
If you read the rule, we said nothing about footpegs. We left the rule real simple on porpose.

jdwxv3
09-13-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
im pretty sure you can. but why are you racing the stock class tho?

I might race stock because I am thinking about having my Elka's serviced. All I will have to do is take off my FMF, put the stock pipe back on and go. I dont want to race A with my stock 450, I am too out of shape to try that.

jdwxv3
09-13-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by tprender
If you read the rule, we said nothing about footpegs. We left the rule real simple on porpose.

Alright thanks

tprender
09-13-2005, 03:41 PM
You do have to have the spark arrester in the exhaust. Here is what is written; Rider cannot change the exhaust system, spark arrester, A-arms, swing arm, gas tank, carburetor (may change jetting), shocks, engine or frame. Engine and frame must be from the original manufacture for that make and model.

DJJ450r
09-13-2005, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by jdwxv3
I might race stock because I am thinking about having my Elka's serviced. All I will have to do is take off my FMF, put the stock pipe back on and go. I dont want to race A with my stock 450, I am too out of shape to try that.

race c class with me:D

jdwxv3
09-13-2005, 04:36 PM
You do have to have the spark arrester in the exhaust. Here is what is written; Rider cannot change the exhaust system, spark arrester, A-arms, swing arm, gas tank, carburetor (may change jetting), shocks, engine or frame. Engine and frame must be from the original manufacture for that make and model.

Sounds good, I should be alright I am putting my stock silencer back on if I race stock. Other than that everything is stock. Thanks for all the info.

jdwxv3
09-13-2005, 04:38 PM
race c class with me:D

lol dont think so:D

DJJ450r
09-13-2005, 06:58 PM
lol dont think so:D

:( y not? scared to get beat by a 14 yr old:D lol j/p good luck in the stock class. are you racing A again next year?

jdwxv3
09-13-2005, 09:05 PM
Yea I am racing A agian unless I get faster than I was this year. This year I was 230Ibs. and slower than he^*. I am on a diet now and weigh 222ibs right now. By Park Hills I hope to be 215. My Brother Casey(who I think you know b/c he races C with you) started the year out at 237IBS and is now 210IBs with an ultimate goal of 190. His results show that the weight loss has helped him out a lot. We all just like candy bars to much. If all goes well we will both be at 190 next year and hopefully be faster. This year was an embarrasment for me. Later, Josh

YAMAHAVIPER
09-14-2005, 10:07 AM
CAN A RIDER DROP DOWN FROM A CLASS TO STOCK CLASS ?

Johnny & Monica
09-14-2005, 10:38 AM
The stock class is a open class just like the 40+ an 30+ class as long as it`s a stock bike Bill Ballance could race it lol

Josh we just need them to get a over 200lbs class an race for big macs:devil:

Shawn H
09-14-2005, 11:35 AM
Josh we just need them to get a over 200lbs class an race for big macs:devil: [/B][/QUOTE]

He11 you'd Qualify:devil: :p

scramblerracer
09-14-2005, 04:15 PM
Josh, it would be great to have you in the stock class at the last race. It is a great class and has consistently became more aggressive and competetive. All of the riders in our class are class acts. I wish I could make it but it is Mizzou's Homecoming. Any way I was wondering if TPRENDER could tell me if I can run a recluse z start clutch next year in the stock class? Also are there going to be any changes to the stock class? I heard that next year the GNCC will not allow flex bars in the stock class. Thanks Josh Lawrence

jdwxv3
09-14-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by YAMAHAVIPER
CAN A RIDER DROP DOWN FROM A CLASS TO STOCK CLASS ?

I'd say most of the stock class riders in the GNCC could hang with the Missouri Pros. Snowgasm was the Minnesota State Champ and he is racing Stock class next year. Stock class says nothing about rider ability(or in my case lack there of) You just have to have a stock quad.

And haha about the 200IB class. I think it is a good idea but I dont plan to be over 200ibs next year:D Later, Josh

bjones
09-14-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by YAMAHAVIPER
[B]CAN A RIDER DROP DOWN FROM A CLASS TO STOCK CLASS ? [/B
]

The only way you can drop down to the stock class for next year is to have finished outdide the top 20 overall for the year. If you you finsh top 20 you will have mandatory claas assignment for next year

jdwxv3
09-14-2005, 07:42 PM
I have not even decided 100% to go stock just yet, I dont know if I am ready to take all the shocks off just yet( I am sooooo lazy!). And for the year I am 27th so I should be A-OK:D . Later, Josh

Shawn H
09-14-2005, 07:53 PM
Next year I hear for GNCC'S they will not alllow Tireballs.Also I heard no Flex bars but thats not for sure yet>

The mandatory rule someone stated is stupid the stock class should be open to anyone regardless of there overalls,Thats saying a guy cant ride in a age only class.

Keep training Josh I lossed 30 lbs and it has made a ton difference. Start running or biking with your diet>

jdwxv3
09-14-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by snowgasm
Next year I hear for GNCC'S they will not alllow Tireballs.Also I heard no Flex bars but thats not for sure yet>

The mandatory rule someone stated is stupid the stock class should be open to anyone regardless of there overalls,Thats saying a guy cant ride in a age only class.

Keep training Josh I lossed 30 lbs and it has made a ton difference. Start running or biking with your diet>

I have always felt the Fast Flexx Bars seemed to be strecthing it but...I dont really care either way.

I agree, it should be open to anyone, it is based on a stock bike not rider ability.

As far as training goes, I have been working hard. I purchased a bike(and yea I ride it). I have lost 8Ibs so far! I think if I get down to where I want, I will be much much faster next year. So far this year I have missed probaly half the races b/c of work. The races I have made and finished I have been in the top 20, but I have been dead tired at the end. I did not want to admit it, but after the scale tipped 230ibs. I had to admit I was a bit obese and it was time to do something about it. I cant wait until next year!!

*By the way Shawn...Get the 06 YFZ for next year!*

Later, Josh

tprender
09-14-2005, 08:26 PM
The rule for the numbers was put in there to keep the top riders in the top class. It is kind of done in the GNCC also.
At the present time the stock class rule most likey will not change in the MHSC. The GNCC rule might and has chanced during the year. An example of this was gas tanks. The GNCC rule will change depending on who is a sponser of the series next year. That's why tireballs are legal. In MHSC we don't have that problem, we don't have any real major sponsers.

Rdogg450
09-14-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by bjones
The only way you can drop down to the stock class for next year is to have finished outdide the top 20 overall for the year. If you you finsh top 20 you will have mandatory claas assignment for next year

You really think the clowns in mhsc would notice???? lol:D
They can't even get the scores or work averages right:ermm:
I say run whatever class you want.... as long as you pay your $$$ they don't care that's all that matters to them anyway..... but i'd say if you were riding a dirtbike they'd for sure notice.... just my opinion so please no flamers!!! lol

Johnny & Monica
09-14-2005, 09:51 PM
Thats a fact Jack:D :D :D

tprender
09-15-2005, 07:41 AM
I think that you would be surprised to find out that there are people watching. If a rider is 1-15 this year and tried to move back it would be noticed. If a rider is not 1-15 and rides in the AA class he can move back during the year. It might not look like it is watched, but there are people watching.

geogeorge
09-15-2005, 06:07 PM
Josh you can move back to stock if you like for the last race. How ever unless they have changed it you could get protested because moving from A to stock is IS a down word move. IF not then we should be starting in front of the B and 40+ class and not behind them. I belive you canonly move laterly or up in the middle of a season and not down word.

Ya Ya I know people do but hay I got rid of Fred and chad this may be my only first place this year and I don't need some fast A guy screwing it up for me. I can screw up on my own fine.

jdwxv3
09-16-2005, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by geogeorge
Josh you can move back to stock if you like for the last race. How ever unless they have changed it you could get protested because moving from A to stock is IS a down word move. IF not then we should be starting in front of the B and 40+ class and not behind them. I belive you canonly move laterly or up in the middle of a season and not down word.

Ya Ya I know people do but hay I got rid of Fred and chad this may be my only first place this year and I don't need some fast A guy screwing it up for me. I can screw up on my own fine.

I still dont know what I am going to do. I would like to get my shocks redone and I really dont want to race A with the stockers, shoot I dont even like the way the 450R handles with the Elka's. It all depends on how I feel the week before the race. And I aint no fast A guy, this year I am obese and slow:D

geogeorge
09-16-2005, 05:05 AM
I still dont know what I am going to do. I would like to get my shocks redone and I really dont want to race A with the stockers, shoot I dont even like the way the 450R handles with the Elka's. It all depends on how I feel the week before the race. And I aint no fast A guy, this year I am obese and slow:D

Its not the Elka's. Its the Honda.

My 06 YFZ handles great.

ITs ok to race the Stock class with me just NO bumping or T-boning me in the first 100 yards.

Thanks

tprender
09-16-2005, 06:10 AM
When you have a class that doesn't have a letter (A,B,or C) it is for all abilities. Going from A to stock or B to stock is not a move up or down. It is kind of like sideways. The stock clclass and ones like it don't have a ranking. Now if you are ranked 6-15 from last year, you must have to ride in the A class for the year.

jdwxv3
09-16-2005, 09:30 PM
Its not the Elka's. Its the Honda.

My 06 YFZ handles great.

ITs ok to race the Stock class with me just NO bumping or T-boning me in the first 100 yards.

Thanks

I sure do miss my YFZ, it fit me sooooo much better than this Honda I wish I could have one back.

I dont bump or t-bone. That was my psyco brother, he calmed down a bit now (due to the prozac:devil: )

geogeorge
09-20-2005, 01:06 PM
When you have a class that doesn't have a letter (A,B,or C) it is for all abilities. Going from A to stock or B to stock is not a move up or down. It is kind of like sideways. The stock clclass and ones like it don't have a ranking. Now if you are ranked 6-15 from last year, you must have to ride in the A class for the year.

In that case Tom I think we should have a stock A, B and C class. that way I can charry pick the stock C class.

I thought Stock was to make it affordable to race. If you can afford top dollar shocks then you should race top classes.

But hay that is just me. and I spend my money on trucks a cheep woman. :devil: :macho

Rdogg450
09-20-2005, 01:38 PM
In that case Tom I think we should have a stock A, B and C class. that way I can charry pick the stock C class.

I thought Stock was to make it affordable to race. If you can afford top dollar shocks then you should race top classes.

But hay that is just me. and I spend my money on trucks a cheep woman. :devil: :macho

Didn't you just buy a yfz????? 06???? Must be nice....lol!!!!!:macho

jdwxv3
09-20-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Rdogg450

Yea no crap? So what I can buy shocks, you have two quads and your flexx barrs cost about as much as my front shocks. Besides a stock 450R sucks. My shocks need done and I want them by the second Hillbilly. Look at the national stock class them guys could probaly win Pro here. Shoot, I have not even won an A class race plus I have raced Maybe 10 times in my lifetime, I should be racing the C class. Plus I am obese....in fact I am so lazy I dont even know if I will switch my shocks because it is too much work:eek:

DJJ450r
09-20-2005, 03:02 PM
I should be racing the C class

i know thats what i said

:D

jdwxv3
09-20-2005, 03:06 PM
i know thats what i said

:D

They wont let me:( :D

DJJ450r
09-20-2005, 03:08 PM
o welll......... im moving up 2 B next year will they let ou race that?

jdwxv3
09-20-2005, 03:13 PM
I could......but i'm not. I am staying in A. Once I lose this 40Ibs I will be faster. 15 down 25 to go. I never raced Park Hills, I am kinda nervous what is the track like? All I ever here is dusty, dusty, dusty and some open straits. Is there lots of woods? Later, Josh

bjones
09-20-2005, 03:48 PM
I could......but i'm not. I am staying in A. Once I lose this 40Ibs I will be faster. 15 down 25 to go. I never raced Park Hills, I am kinda nervous what is the track like? All I ever here is dusty, dusty, dusty and some open straits. Is there lots of woods? L
ater, Josh

Josh, you've heard right it is a very dusty place to race but are usually some of the best courses of the despite the dusty conditions.

geogeorge
09-20-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Rdogg450

Lets not forget the new truck, trailer, and a grenartor. Funny how much extra money I have cuz I race stock now. :blah:

geogeorge
09-20-2005, 03:59 PM
Josh, you've heard right it is a very dusty place to race but are usually some of the best courses of the despite the dusty conditions.

Don't belive him Josh. Flat river is smooth as glass and never dusty.

Jonesy if I bring my camera to the race sunday will you take pictures?

bjones
09-20-2005, 04:01 PM
Lets not forget the new truck, trailer, and a grenartor. Funny how much extra money I have cuz I race stock now. :blah:

hey goeff i just wish i coudv'e taken some of that money last weekend at the rodeo. Bryan

scramblerracer
09-20-2005, 04:02 PM
Geoff, That was a great idea you had of stock class a,b,c. This way if Chad and Fredrick want, they can race each other and the rest of us can race each other. Later, and good luck at Splinter Creek. Josh

geogeorge
09-20-2005, 04:04 PM
hey goeff i just wish i coudv'e taken some of that money last weekend at the rodeo. Bryan

You would have been paying for my date with Stephs friend cuz I was going to clean up. You just got lucky it rained.:D

geogeorge
09-20-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by scramblerracer
Geoff, That was a great idea you had of stock class a,b,c. This way if Chad and Fredrick want, they can race each other and the rest of us can race each other. Later, and good luck at Splinter Creek. Josh

Thanks. I have one good idea a year I gusse that was this years.

bjones
09-20-2005, 04:08 PM
You would have been paying for my date with Stephs friend cuz I was going to clean up. You just got lucky it rained.:D

yeah yeah i hear ya. bring the camera sunday so i can get a picture of you pulled over having a smoke with shep

geogeorge
09-20-2005, 04:30 PM
Jonesy your jusr mad cuz I was right about the rain. I'm going ot bill Bryan for my gas. I just knew it was going ot get calle dbut nooooo I had to leisn to you guys.

yfz450xc
09-20-2005, 05:10 PM
yeah yeah i hear ya. bring the camera sunday so i can get a picture of you pulled over having a smoke with shep

Oh that was funny and you know it.:eek2: :D

shep
09-20-2005, 05:44 PM
:bandit: I would be done with my smoke before he got there!!!:blah:

geogeorge
09-20-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by shep
:bandit: I would be done with my smoke before he got there!!!:blah:

That was just mean. :(

shep
09-21-2005, 02:48 PM
:bandit: :D :D :blah: :muscle:

geogeorge
09-21-2005, 02:54 PM
I got a funny e-mail. It seems some one thought I was for real when I said we should have a A,B and C stock class. Just for thoughts who might not know me. I WAS JOKING.

now for the rest of the news.........

jdwxv3
09-21-2005, 03:16 PM
hmmm. I did not think you were serious but I was not sure. The stock class is'nt big enough for different classes anyway. By the way I was not the one who sent the e-mail just so everyone knows. Good luck at Splinter Creek:D