PDA

View Full Version : 400ex brake question

engle_andrew
09-13-2005, 12:19 AM
i put a brand new pair of sintered brake pads on my quad and after one ride their gone wtf? anyway the splines in my hub let my hub move forward and back slightly but i dont think thasttl cause it.what im hoping is someone had this problem and fixed it. this is so making me mad im hating my quad and i just put 4500 in the p.o.s.pleaseeeeeeeeeeee help.

engle_andrew
09-13-2005, 12:21 AM
anyone got a stock brakehub with a rotor for sale let me know.preferablly a newer model.

tprender
09-13-2005, 06:03 AM
What brand was the brakes. If it was an off brand, I could see them gone. During a xc race and it ismuddy. I have gone though a pair. I take this as normal for racing. Play riding no.

engle_andrew
09-13-2005, 12:29 PM
was ebc sinter brakes

quad2xtreme
09-13-2005, 12:52 PM
It is because your hub has movement. You have to keep that axle tight. The reason is the brake caliper is connected to the swingarm whereas the axle is only indirectly part of the swingarm assembly. If the bearings are loose then the play will cause the brake rotor (connected to the axle) to move around inside the brake caliper that is actually connected to the swingarm.

You should remove the "fake" parking brake setup. You should also adjust your rear brake pedal so it is even with your footpeg so you have to actually push it down to activate the brakes. I see people riding with their foot on the brake peg all the time.

/Jon

tprender
09-13-2005, 12:53 PM
The ebc gold pads haw lasted the best for me in the past. Do you still have the emergency brake on? That bolt sometimes will push the pads together and cause the pads to wear fast. If you were riding in the mud and using the brakes alot. The ebcs gold is what I have always used and got good wear from them in the past.