PDA

View Full Version : buying my girl a ring

yoshimurakfx400
09-12-2005, 09:52 PM
im going to give my girlfriend a ring for our 1yr anniversary and i was wondering what would be a good way to give it to her, i would invite her over and give it to her but we have a football game that nite and im on the team and she is a dancer soo... idk,
i really want to give it to her on the day that we turn 1yr

http://www.zales.com/images/product/15420268.jpg

what do u guys think

knighttime
09-12-2005, 10:30 PM
what is the purpose of this ring, lol :huh

09-12-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by knighttime
what is the purpose of this ring, lol :huh http://www.80stees.com/images/products/Family_Guy_Diamonds-T-Shirt.jpg

Quad18star
09-12-2005, 10:39 PM
I've given up on buying stuff like that for girlfriends .... everytime I buy them something , they run off about 2 weeks later and screw around . My current GF ain't getting anything for a few years . LOL .

Best of luck to you though.

Doober
09-12-2005, 10:52 PM
find a way to give it to her during the game?

MichaelS693
09-12-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by yfzrider32
find a way to give it to her during the game?

thats what i was thinking.. during half time or somethin
:confused:

tater_kamik
09-13-2005, 03:36 AM
throw it at her, but throw it in a romantic way

i would say during half time but since she is a dancer that kinda screws ya... maybe afterward??

MOFO
09-13-2005, 04:11 AM
Ummmm your like 15 right? Your wasting your money.... trust me. She'll be long gone by the time you need to buy the "real" ring.

Killa250ex
09-13-2005, 05:01 AM
Is this a "promise ring???"

Warnerade
09-13-2005, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
Ummmm your like 15 right? Your wasting your money.... trust me. She'll be long gone by the time you need to buy the "real" ring. thats why im making my girl a ring...screw buying it:o

jcv400ex
09-13-2005, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
thats why im making my girl a ring...screw buying it:o

You gonna have Pappy PC it, or chrome it?!

You need help.....

Mxjunkie
09-13-2005, 08:44 AM
Buy her some thongs or something.. least you can steal them back and wear them on your head :)

zephead400ex
09-13-2005, 08:54 AM
If your only 15, don't waste your money on a ring! I agree with Josh, get her some thongs so both of you can enjoy them! :p

86350x
09-13-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I've given up on buying stuff like that for girlfriends .... everytime I buy them something , they run off about 2 weeks later and screw around . My current GF ain't getting anything for a few years . LOL .

Best of luck to you though.

Ditto

86350x
09-13-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
Buy her some thongs or something.. least you can steal them back and wear them on your head :)

Again ditto, and I'm lmao:devil:

MR.BIG
09-13-2005, 10:09 AM
Maybe the ring is hopefully going to unluck the box. We need more info dude!

wilkin250r
09-13-2005, 11:06 AM
Don't listen to these guys.

A ring is a very romantic gift, and she'll love it. And two weeks from now, you'll find it at your friends house and learn that she's been cheating on you the whole time.

This way, you will learn that all women are evil, manipulative creatures never to be trusted. You will treat them like crap for the rest of high-school and most of college. You'll use them, and throw them away. Women will then complain that all men are pigs, but they don't understand that THEY made us this way.

Out of college, you will find a wonderful woman, and realize that although all women are evil little ******, they are only like that in high school, and eventually grow out of it. In fact, most are loving, caring, and basically all-around wonderful people. She will take care of you while you are sick, remember your mother's birthday, and stock the fridge with beer and snacks for superbowl parties.

Eventually, she will begin to ask small favors of you, like taking out the trash, or unloading the dishwasher. You will gladly do them, because she has done so much for you. She will tell you she is unhappy, and you will take her on vacation. She will tell you that you don't dress properly, aren't romantic enough, never listen, and don't buy her flowers. She will complain that you spend too much time at work, and then also complain that you don't have enough money. She will eventually control every aspect of your life, and nothing is ever good enough. You will learn that all women secretly plan this takeover from the time they are 12. You will come to realize that all women indeed are evil, manipulative creatures never to be trusted. The only things left in your life are things women won't control because they have no intrest in them, like beer, hunting, and things with motors.

All this from your first ring to your girlfriend...

hondarider2006
09-13-2005, 12:27 PM
bring the ring back and spend the money on the quad, or somthing else that will make your guys night better after the game:D;)

Warnerade
09-13-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
You gonna have Pappy PC it, or chrome it?!

You need help..... i need help?

its going to be polished stainless steel with her name engraved in it. I work with CNC machines, in school and at work...

i dont understand how i need help, i will be saving money..and it will be something that i spent time on making, so it will have more vaulue to both of us than just going out to buy a ring.

take a seat.

MR.BIG
09-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Yeah she will really cherish more than a nice diamond!

Warnerade
09-13-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
Yeah she will really cherish more than a nice diamond! ok....so you would buy a girl a diamond after 2 months?

didnt think so.

Woodsrider
09-13-2005, 01:45 PM
Wilkin said it best. I guess thats why he is the official thinker:ermm:

MR.BIG
09-13-2005, 01:47 PM
I would only buy engagement ring for a girl. I think rings are a waste of money otherwise.

Warnerade
09-13-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
I would only buy engagement ring for a girl. I think rings are a waste of money otherwise. wich is exactly why im making one....it wont cost me a thing, but will still have value.

anyone can go out and buy a ring...not everyone can make a ring and have it look nice.

thrasher_ex
09-13-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

A ring is a very romantic gift, and she'll love it. And two weeks from now, you'll find it at your friends house and learn that she's been cheating on you the whole time.

This way, you will learn that all women are evil, manipulative creatures never to be trusted. You will treat them like crap for the rest of high-school and most of college. You'll use them, and throw them away. Women will then complain that all men are pigs, but they don't understand that THEY made us this way.

Out of college, you will find a wonderful woman, and realize that although all women are evil little ******, they are only like that in high school, and eventually grow out of it. In fact, most are loving, caring, and basically all-around wonderful people. She will take care of you while you are sick, remember your mother's birthday, and stock the fridge with beer and snacks for superbowl parties.

Eventually, she will begin to ask small favors of you, like taking out the trash, or unloading the dishwasher. You will gladly do them, because she has done so much for you. She will tell you she is unhappy, and you will take her on vacation. She will tell you that you don't dress properly, aren't romantic enough, never listen, and don't buy her flowers. She will complain that you spend too much time at work, and then also complain that you don't have enough money. She will eventually control every aspect of your life, and nothing is ever good enough. You will learn that all women secretly plan this takeover from the time they are 12. You will come to realize that all women indeed are evil, manipulative creatures never to be trusted. The only things left in your life are things women won't control because they have no intrest in them, like beer, hunting, and things with motors.

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :huh :huh :huh

Warnerade
09-13-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by thrasher_ex
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :huh :huh :huh that doesnt make sense to you?

gyt-r450
09-13-2005, 03:33 PM
Official Thinker...........ROFLMFAO

09-13-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by gyt-r450
Official Thinker...........ROFLMFAO

Warnerade
09-13-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by gyt-r450
Official Thinker...........ROFLMFAO dont be jealous that he is smarter than you will ever be in just about every topic known to man.

Woodsrider
09-13-2005, 04:19 PM
...not everyone can make a ring and have it look nice.
I did..... But I milled mine out of a block of Inconel600. But it needs polished again

450 Racer R
09-13-2005, 04:34 PM

Basically this guy is saying that you should dump the girlfriend and hang out with your buddies after your game and suck some cock...

Hondadudeehhhh
09-13-2005, 04:48 PM
catch her a delicious bass......

Samson
09-13-2005, 08:00 PM

My God! My life just flashed before my eyes! :eek2:

09-13-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh

LMAO thats a plan there

my buddy bought his gf a $250 for his g/f when he was a freshman and right b4 he was gonna give it to her she broke up with him

zephead400ex
09-13-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh

LMFAO!

Blysster
09-13-2005, 09:06 PM

Originally posted by Samson
My God! My life just flashed before my eyes! :eek2:

Wow, that's exacly how it goes! You oughta write a book about this!

400exrules
09-13-2005, 09:16 PM
wich is exactly why im making one....it wont cost me a thing, but will still have value.

anyone can go out and buy a ring...not everyone can make a ring and have it look nice.

DUUUDDERRSSS!!!!!!! YOU CAN MAKE RINGS?!?!?!:eek2: :eek: :eek:

make 7 of them!!! give one to each race!!! then one to rule them all, and give it to me!!:eek:

09-13-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Blysster
Wow, that's exacly how it goes! You oughta write a book about this! wilkin knows all! except utility quads

86350x
09-13-2005, 10:53 PM
Wilkin, you forgot to add the fact that a year after you put the ring on her finger.................................She will usually gain 20 or more lbs..................

I still say go with the thongs, or catch her a delicious bass:confused:

Save the ring until you have gone out for a couple or years, thats right, I said years. Probrably a good idea to live together a while also.

zephead400ex
09-13-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by 86350x
...Save the ring until you have gone out for a couple or years, thats right, I said years. Probrably a good idea to live together a while also.

I agree. You have to live with a chick for a few years to see how she really is. If she farts, burps, and takes a poo in front of you you know she's a keeper! :p

troutman561
09-13-2005, 11:01 PM
99% high school relationships are BS, love, ha, most HS girls will say it within the 1st week and alot of guys say it to, almost nothing from HS will last past graduation, basicly HS is just a place to learn some things about the opposite sex and lose your virginity(unless u lost it in middle school, maybe to one of ur teachers lol, nowadays its not outta the question) and it prepares you for college when you can have drunken orgies with many anonomous(sp) women and maybe, just maybe, meet the one youll marry in the last 2 years of college... so id say return the ring, and catch her a delicious bass like they said... cause love is a non-existent thing under the age of 20 and rings and chit are reserved for one u actually might have a life with imo, sorry to be negative but its true 99% of the time

yoshimurakfx400
09-13-2005, 11:05 PM
we have been together for a year(thats why im buying the ring), has plenty of thongs:devil: , and for some strage reson tells me everytime she takes a poo

blackwell17
09-13-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by troutman561
cause love is a non-existent thing under the age of 20 and rings and chit are reserved for one u actually might have a life with imo, sorry to be negative but its true 99% of the time

not true whatsoever....

i guess im part of the 1% that you speak of...

back on to an answer for the creator of this thread - dont be mislead man...do what you think is right for you. Live and learn my friend, live and learn. just because these guys have bad luck with girls doesnt mean you will. Who knows...maybe you will get her the ring and a year later she will say shes bored and want to move on, OR, she could stay with you for the rest of her life. You never know, just live life the way you want, dont ask anyone how you should live your own life.

BLAZE1
09-14-2005, 11:48 AM
No wonder the "pics of my girlfriend" thread turned into "pics of my x-girlfriend" thread quickly. All you guys are a$holes!:devil:

yoshimurakfx400
09-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by BLAZE1
No wonder the "pics of my girlfriend" thread turned into "pics of my x-girlfriend" thread quickly. All you guys are a$holes!:devil:

LMAO!!!

clutt225
09-14-2005, 04:16 PM
Im part of the one percent.
We started dating at 18 bought a house together at 21.
and are geting married next month at 28.
So thats two people in one thread, I think it might be higher than one percent after all.
Give her the ring, wet your noodle and posibly regret it later.
Its only money and you can't take it with you.

450 Racer R
09-14-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by clutt225
Its only money and you can't take it with you.

word

86350x
09-15-2005, 11:07 AM
Well gladd to hear that everything is working out for you. Most of us as you can see aren't that lucky.:confused: