PDA

View Full Version : HMF Slip-on

EXracer83
09-12-2005, 09:25 PM
I talked to a guy from HMF today and he said their silencer for the 400 was 12" long. I was asking him about a shorty silencer by the way thats how we got on this. He hung up before I asked him if that was just the silencer body or the whole thing from end to end. Anyone know? He said they would build mine to order as long as a bracket would bolt to the frame and I am thinkin about getting it 2 to 3 inches shorter for osme more bottom end. Thanks!

xc_racer1
09-13-2005, 08:21 PM
I have a HMF slip on and its about a foot long just on the case
the turn down cap sticks out of my plastic... if u go shorter all its gonna do is get alot louder and ur gonna be crackin the pipe
just keep it the way it is
they are a very very nice pipe

EXracer83
09-13-2005, 09:15 PM
Ok thanks I didn't know it would crack the pipe, I was just looking for a way to get a little more bottom end than it already gives, and I know its alot already! I'm ordering it tomorrow so thanks for replying or else I woulda been screwed!

09-13-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by EXracer83
Ok thanks I didn't know it would crack the pipe, I was just looking for a way to get a little more bottom end than it already gives, and I know its alot already! I'm ordering it tomorrow so thanks for replying or else I woulda been screwed! You for every ounce of bottom you gain, you loose that same much on top.