PDA

View Full Version : Houser Swingarm

Lethalhonda2
09-12-2005, 08:33 PM
What stock swingarm parts do I need to switch over to the Houser? From what I can tell it looks like,sleeves,caps,chain slider.Whats everyone use for a seal that goes between the pinch bolts?It looks like a 250r seal.

Rico
09-13-2005, 01:37 PM
The houser should come with everything you need to mount it up. Chain guide is the only thing to swap over..

Lethalhonda2
09-13-2005, 08:11 PM
Thanks Rico. I already ordered the parts I thought I might need from Honda so if I dont need them I'll just have extra.I broke my old swingarm in half (just about) so I needed one for the Unadilla GNCC.As it stands I wont see the swingarm or parts until next week so time is not on my side if I need to order any other parts.

quadtrash466
09-14-2005, 03:00 PM
I just got one and had everything. I wont be making the gncc race though, damaged a lot in the motor when the cam chain broke.

Lethalhonda2
09-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Did you finish the Cortland race? Man that thing got really ruff at the end.I was wishing I had the long travel Axis instead of those Elka's (gave me a arse beaten) You better find another bike to race, how could you miss a national when its so close??I'm heading over after work on Friday to check it out.Maybe I'll see you there...

quadtrash466
09-14-2005, 08:13 PM
I got 4th in class and 28th overall...ya did the 5 laps, then it broke going back to the truck... valves are bent, piston is messed up, the cam was all wacked. I maintained the hell out of it but it still did this. ya those elka's I have suck! ya that did soak up the bumps but other than that I'm getting rid of them for some lt axis, houser front end.

quadtrash466
09-16-2005, 03:45 PM
lol...well next time I'm not gona have my friends check my motor. I went to change the plug and it came right out w/ the boot. put a new plug in and it started!!! now all I have to do is get a steering stabilizer and a rear skid and I'm all set for the gncc.

Lethalhonda2
09-16-2005, 03:53 PM
Wow, so you made it the whole race with that plug just sittin there huh?Well at least they screwed it in enough for you to fini*****he Houser swingarm showed up today but I wont be able to check it out until Sunday.I hoping I can just bolt it up, otherwise I have to wait until the parts from Honda get here.Well good luck and hopefully I'll see you next weekend:D