PDA

View Full Version : first time with a radiator

redrider311
09-12-2005, 07:40 PM
basically i just built a hybrid and this will be my first time with a radiator.. what all do i need to do as far as fluids and maintenace etc..

thanks guys.. sorry for such a bland post but i really have no clue what to do..

redrider311
09-13-2005, 06:30 PM
bump.. i know you guys practically all have radiators.. i just need to know what to do.. like where to put coolant in.. what type of coolant is the best.. and like routine maintenance... any help is great guys.. thanks,
mark

RiderTRX400ex
09-13-2005, 07:28 PM
u put coolant in the radiator.. there is a cap.. i hope. as far as coolant u probably wanna run 50/50 water/antifreeze.. there are some products that run cooler than antifreeze... like water wetter and stuff

redrider311
09-13-2005, 08:15 PM
ok ok ..and how much do i put in? how will i know where to filll to?

what type of anti-freeze do you guys sugest?

how often do i change the fluid etc. etc.

thanks guys

mark

UglyMotha™
09-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by redrider311
bump.. i know you guys practically all have radiators.. i just need to know what to do.. like where to put coolant in.. what type of coolant is the best.. and like routine maintenance... any help is great guys.. thanks,
mark

Are you serious......................... and you managed to build a hybrid :huh

I can understand you asking bout what kinda coolant to go with but did you seriously just ask where to put it :confused:

redrider311
09-13-2005, 09:32 PM
go ahead.. bash away.. but we all have to bite the bullet some time and ask when we are un sure.. .. so i hope you got your laughs in .. and yes.. i did build my own hybrid.. i just need to know how much coolant and water to put in my radiator... if thats to hard to ask.. go ahead.. bash away.. :ermm:

ss440ex
09-13-2005, 11:22 PM
EZ on Mark!
He bought a good kit, and had some help!!:D

Engine ice is what I use,
Keep rad clean and free of dirt and mud.
Wash from rear to forward with water hose.
Ck all lines for leaks after start up.
Check that all mounts and clamps are tight after first few rides.

tater_kamik
09-14-2005, 02:55 AM
also make sure you have some sort of guard in the front of it so that it doesnt get damaged from roost, etc... c&d may sell some good coolants, if not rockymountainatvmc.com does. as far as adding fluid, just make sure it is full, you really dont need to flush it but once every few years probably. as long as you have some in your reservoir you should be good to roll!

quadmxracer
09-14-2005, 01:09 PM
Run a product called Engine Ice, its blue in color and it is all set to go just put it in, it costs around 17.95 a bottle but theres usually more than enough in the bottle. I wouldn't use anything else best i've seen.

HRDROKR18
09-14-2005, 01:16 PM
POST SOME PICS OF THE HYBRID.
LETS SEE IT