PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Charger

Greg Z
09-12-2005, 06:57 PM
Im thinking of getting a NEW Dodge Charger RT series..

Im really loving the looks and NEWS of the new Charger.. Wish it came in a coupe though.. And I havent seen it in Manuel anywhere...

but whats everyone elses thought on it?

Anyone have some pros and cons on it?
Has any one driven it?

345 HP
http://www.allpar.com/images/dodge-charger/hemicar.jpg

DVXchic
09-12-2005, 07:03 PM
I like the looks of the car, but they never should have put the charger name on a 4 door, my friends stepdad took one for a test drive and said it wouldn't squak the tires.

I would buy an 06 mustang Boss for the same coin.

exboy
09-12-2005, 08:15 PM
thats the first thing i said when i saw em " four doors". why would they make it a four door i just dont get it. and how is any one gonna be able to make a decent lookin general lee out of a sedan?

TheFontMaster
09-12-2005, 08:22 PM
I'm just waiting for someone to paint one orange, put a rebel flag on the roof, 01 on each side, and general lee above the doors.

Hondadudeehhhh
09-12-2005, 08:27 PM
i dont know why they gave it four doors eithers, thats what the magnum is for. :rolleyes: everytime i see the new chargers i get pissed off

Dale512
09-12-2005, 08:46 PM
If you want a Dodge wait for the Challenger. 2-Door, Hemi, Manual Tranmission, RWD, Smaller/Lighter than the Charger, direct competition for the Mustangs.

Woodsrider
09-12-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Dale512
If you want a Dodge wait for the Challenger. 2-Door, Hemi, Manual Tranmission, RWD, Smaller/Lighter than the Charger, direct competition for the Mustangs.
Where did you get this info? Lee Iacoca's brothers mothers siters cousin? :D Just messing with ya. but do you have a link to read up on this new Challenger?

toby400ex
09-12-2005, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
I'm just waiting for someone to paint one orange, put a rebel flag on the roof, 01 on each side, and general lee above the doors. Then crush it, because its a damn shame they call it a charger.

Doober
09-12-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by toby400ex
Then crush it, because its a damn shame they call it a charger.

haha if they make cars like the charger and chit they should at least make it look how it was originally made JMO

Mxjunkie
09-12-2005, 09:07 PM
I dont like em looks like a fuggin magnum

the concept charger is better looking then the real thing..

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0404phr_dodge_09_z.jpg

Woodsrider
09-12-2005, 09:31 PM
That wasn't the concept charger. That was a artist concept drawing, by the same guy at popular hotrodding that drew the camaro pictures that were floating around on here a few months back. The new charger was always planned as a four door. And was originally planned as an alternative fuel vehicle. It was planned as a CNG car, with the tanks behind the back seat. In front of the trunk liner. It had been in the works for over four years.

Woodsrider
09-12-2005, 09:36 PM
Here is a link to good pictures of the Concept Charger, as it debuted at the Florida auto show in 2002
click here (http://www.acarshow.com/chgcpt.html)

crday98
09-13-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by exboy
thats the first thing i said when i saw em " four doors". why would they make it a four door i just dont get it. and how is any one gonna be able to make a decent lookin general lee out of a sedan? they already did :ermm:

crday98
09-13-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
Where did you get this info? Lee Iacoca's brothers mothers siters cousin? :D Just messing with ya. but do you have a link to read up on this new Challenger?
http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000013051179/

Killa250ex
09-13-2005, 03:39 PM
I heard they put 4drs on it to keep insurance costs down, but i agree, they should offer it!

JOEX
09-13-2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by crday98
http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000013051179/
Maybe it's the grill but that looks more like a 'Cuda

exboy
09-13-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by crday98
they already did :ermm:

OMG that is a discrase. those challengers look pretty tight though

Woodsrider
09-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Maybe it's the grill but that looks more like a 'Cuda yep I agree. Thats the Cuda grille. But I found another site that has a drawing of the Challenger..... In Plum Crazy Purple:macho Now I doubt that what rolls out at the Detroit show in '06 will look as retro as either of these drawings, seeing what actually happened with the Charger. But we can always hope.

SadisticShee
09-13-2005, 04:13 PM
That pic of the charger with the general lee design is about the ugliest car i have seen. Leave it to dodge to fu*k up a classic musclecar. That car is so ugly they should put a Honda symbol on it...
Yea i have seen some chargers on the road err i mean in my rearview:blah:

Greg Z
09-13-2005, 05:22 PM
I dont think there ugly I actually think there really nice looking but I would never do that put the 01 and the rebel flag on the car just to make it look like dukes of hazzard or what ever.. I do how ever want a coupe.. I dont want a Mustang... This is going to be a hard decision on my part... im probably going to end up buying a used Charger RT.. and noo im not gonna make it gay looking.. I like the looks of it stock.. and the color will probably be black..

I dont want to wait for the challanger