PDA

View Full Version : warrior starting problems

MoRePOWER
09-12-2005, 03:33 PM
hey, when i try to start my warrior, all it does is click... it first showed signs of dieing whenever i would shut it off, it would start hard, after it was still warm, then it just stopped starting all together. when i click the start button, all you hear is a click comming from the solinoid. i tried to jump the 2 terminals on the solinoid by connecting them w/ a screw driver, but it still did the same thing. im pretty sure its not my battery, its still got acid in it, and its almost brand new, so im sure it holds a charge, because my lights still turn on. but any ideas on what it might be??

thanx
cody

RuffRyder
09-12-2005, 04:10 PM
Something similar used to happen to mine. Make sure the battery cables are TIGHT onto the battery and not all nasty and corroded.

PowerMadd789XC
09-12-2005, 06:26 PM
About the same thing happen to my buddys warrior when we were at a xc race, when it did start it wouldnt run right and sometimes it wouldnt even start just clickn noise , here it was a cable that went to the starter button , he only got to do 3 out of the 4 laps because he didnt make it to the startin line . hope this helps. ;)

MoRePOWER
09-13-2005, 04:01 PM
well, its not a bad connection to the batt, i took the wires off and scrubed em good, and it still didnt work......and its not the other one cause, it just doesnt start period, its not that it starts sometimes, and not others, and if you pull start it, it will run just like normal...

thanx for the responses.... but anymore ideas???

cody

Sexy99Warrior
09-13-2005, 05:22 PM
Same exact thing happened to me...i bought a new starter and a new stator and everything is now good.

MoRePOWER
09-14-2005, 03:52 PM
ya, im pretty sure it is the starter, i took it off today and hooked it straight to the battery, and it still didnt spin, so i think its burnt out....

but hey sexy99warrior, when you put your hot cam in, how much power did you notice, and how much power did you notice from the piston??, ive been thinkin about both, but i just wanted to hear some reports from other people

thanx
cody