PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to kill/cause great bodily injury to someone!

BLAZE1
09-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Well I woke up this morning with a funny feeling. Got ready and came to work just like every other monday but today was different. Around 10am this morning my Mom calls my work and says "Your quad has been stolen."
I keep it at my mom's house cause she only lives about four miles from me, she has a garage, a dog, lives in a nice neighborhood, someone is always there and to top all of that off I live in a apartment so it would suck for me to pull it in my livingroom when it is all muddy...so it seems like a safe place to keep it.

Anyway they are getting a deck built and so there has been a lot of people over there that usually aren't (contractors/laborers)

Also the past couple of times I've gone to go pick up my bike the garage was wide open. I loaded it into my truck and took off before anyone even came out to see what was going on. Usually any noise will alert my mom's dog but I think she has let her guard down a little cause of all the strangers in and out or the past few days.

Anyway it is a 05' z400.
It's got a p.c./gusseted frame "bright orange"
solid white factory plastics
HMF full system
renthal bars
ims nerfs/bumper (p.c. black)

sorry no pics.. I have been waiting on ordering Akraix graphics till I figured out my final color scheme but now I guess I have to go back to the drawing boards with a whole new gameplan.

Prob. gonna wait a year or so before I replace it(hooray for insurance) just to see what happens with the 07's. either that or the lt-r450, either way my riding for the year is over.

400exrules
09-12-2005, 03:22 PM
sucks man...shoulda chained it up. How does your insurance cover your quad when it gets stolen? Does your basic home owners insurance cover it, if it gets stolen out of your garage, or do u have to get specific ATV insurance? I want to know, because i want to make sure mine is insured

Killa250ex
09-12-2005, 03:25 PM
Damn Bro, That sucks! Ive never had anything like that stolen before, and i cant even imagine what it feels like! Hope you find out who it is so you can open a Can of whoop ***!

BLAZE1
09-12-2005, 03:55 PM
I'll have to get back to you on the insurance thing. I think it is covered for theft under the ATV insurance I purchased but if not you can bet it is going on my mom's homeowners ins.

I have thought about chaining it up too but I thought...A garage, a nice neighborhood, a dog, someone is "always" home, plus I go riding about four or five times a week so it would suck to chain/unchain everyday.:rolleyes: or so I thought.

For my next quad I'm gonna look into the disc brake locks they have for streetbikes, chain is def. a good/cheap theft deterent though.

TM426
09-12-2005, 04:21 PM
That sucks, sorry to hear about your quad. I keep my 400 and 450 chained with two kryptonite "fahgettaboutit" locks. Then I realized my oxy-acetaline torch is like 3 feet away. No locks stand a chance to that so i keep the head in another location with the keys. They are also in a locked garage. Good luck with the insurance.

INFANTRY RACING
09-12-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by TM426
That sucks, sorry to hear about your quad. I keep my 400 and 450 chained with two kryptonite "fahgettaboutit" locks. Then I realized my oxy-acetaline torch is like 3 feet away. No locks stand a chance to that so i keep the head in another location with the keys. They are also in a locked garage. Good luck with the insurance.

if they use a round style key (i don't know what those kinds are called) they can be picked easily with a bic pen.

09-12-2005, 04:50 PM
are you and your mom fighting or do you owe her money??? women can be evil.....j/k man :blah:

AtvMxRider
09-12-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
Does your basic home owners insurance cover it, if it gets stolen out of your garage

No it does not.

TM426
09-12-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by INFANTRY RACING
if they use a round style key (i don't know what those kinds are called) they can be picked easily with a bic pen.

No they have a long key with little tabs at the end. It doesnt look as tough as the round key but its supposed to be hard to pick.

400exrules
09-12-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
No it does not.

then where can i get some kind of insurance that will cover my fourwheeler if it gets stolen, because my uncles rubicon got stolen, but he used it for farm work, so it was automatically covered.

INFANTRY RACING
09-12-2005, 05:31 PM
state farm insurance covers quads. check with you auto co. they mght also.

AtvMxRider
09-12-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by INFANTRY RACING
state farm insurance covers quads. check with you auto co. they mght also.

I have had state farm for 15 yrs and they do not cover quads on your homeowners.

AtvMxRider
09-12-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
then where can i get some kind of insurance that will cover my fourwheeler if it gets stolen, because my uncles rubicon got stolen, but he used it for farm work, so it was automatically covered.

Try Progressive insurance. Alot of insurance companies will cover it. But most people think if it is stolen from your garage or shed that your homeowners will cover it and it won't.

09-12-2005, 07:03 PM
Try Progressive insurance. Alot of insurance companies will cover it. But most people think if it is stolen from your garage or shed that your homeowners will cover it and it won't. if you have a picture of the quad doing some kind of household chore they will. I have a picture of a trailer tied to my 450r in my front yard with the house in the background just in case :blah:

TM426
09-12-2005, 08:15 PM
I have had state farm for 15 yrs and they do not cover quads on your homeowners.

State farm covers quads but not under home owners. You have to take out a seperate policy. My friend has state farm on his quad and gave me the number to call for a quote.

Smokin 440
09-12-2005, 10:22 PM
I have insurance through state farm, under my dads farm policy the $110 every 6 months is well worth it, I'm covered for liability, which is always smart, if i get real messed up, yeah covered, and if it gets stolen, covered... they have all my receipts on record, so everything on it is covered...

knighttime
09-12-2005, 10:26 PM
nothin can really help ya now unless you can find out who exactly was on the construction site at the time and go from there. Maybe if you ask enough of the right questions the quad will appear exactly where it was stolen. You will have to find out who did it, but **** it, i'd try to expose the thief at least.

Good luck to you

and never ever say never, go for it:eek2:

Doober
09-12-2005, 10:55 PM
man that sucks...i hope you find it.

i really dont know what i would do if someone stole something from me.

AtvMxRider
09-13-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by TM426
State farm covers quads but not under home owners. You have to take out a seperate policy. My friend has state farm on his quad and gave me the number to call for a quote.

Like I said statefarm doesn't cover your quad under your homeowners.:ermm: