PDA

View Full Version : blaster vs. 300ex

440bigborekit
09-12-2005, 02:06 PM
let see which 1 people think is faster

kd5sfq
09-12-2005, 02:27 PM
Are we talking bone stock with two equally skilled riders of the same size and weight? Do the quads both have race engines? Are we talking drag race, TT, CC or MX?

Have the quads been lightened any by replacing OEM heavy steel with lighter after market parts? Are they running the same fuel? Are the fuel tanks filled with the same amount of fuel?

More goes into the true answer than saying one is faster than the other... It boils down to the laws of physics, chemistry and mechanical engineering.

Our teams 300ex has been beat by blasters in one moto and walked away from the same ones in the next moto... and vice versa. Racing is not a perfect world. There are good days and bad days...

450 Racer R
09-12-2005, 03:39 PM
^lol you're gay dude... same amount of fuel in the tanks? I don't think it's going to have that much of an effect on the outcome of a race. That's like saying "I only fill up my tank halfway whenever I go riding so that my quad is faster."

I'd take a blaster over a 300 anyday. I've ridden a buddy's worked 300 and wasn't impressed at all. I'd rather stick with my blaster.

Blue250X
09-12-2005, 03:54 PM
i would prefer the tourqe of a 300 ex over the blaster any day

Cody_300ex
09-12-2005, 05:14 PM
Delete this thread, i will bet money on it that it will turn into a flame fest. Just do a search its not that damn hard. And 450 Racer R dont call him gay, youir just jelious he actually knows something about quads. With less gas, your going to have a lower center of gravity and less weight. :o

PowerMadd789XC
09-12-2005, 06:20 PM
i think they are both good quads , in stock form the blaster goes about 55 and 3003x goes about 50 , the lil 300ex kid does have a good point.:cool:

PowerMadd789XC
09-12-2005, 06:21 PM
i think they are both good quads , in stock form the blaster goes about 55 and 3003x goes about 50 , the lil 300ex kid does have a good point.:cool: but id go with blaster , i like power band and the power .

PowerMadd789XC
09-12-2005, 06:22 PM
sorry about postin twice acident .

redlineranger
09-12-2005, 07:22 PM
i find that funny that the blaster runs 55 and the 300 50

before i bought my friends 300 his dad clocked him at 61 stock... it had the stock 22 inch back tires then so that prolly helped, but now i have 20 inch klaws so it prolly lost 2 or 3 mph... but if im right im pretty sure both of them go in between 58-61 stock... no more no less

Sexy99Warrior
09-12-2005, 07:32 PM
One thing to say...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a102/Sick99Warrior/notthis****.jpg

Sexy99Warrior
09-12-2005, 07:33 PM
One thing to say...
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a102/Sick99Warrior/notthis****.jpg

Elka83
09-12-2005, 08:16 PM
300 all the way

kd5sfq
09-13-2005, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by 450 Racer R
^lol you're gay dude... same amount of fuel in the tanks? I don't think it's going to have that much of an effect on the outcome of a race. That's like saying "I only fill up my tank halfway whenever I go riding so that my quad is faster."

I'd take a blaster over a 300 anyday. I've ridden a buddy's worked 300 and wasn't impressed at all. I'd rather stick with my blaster.

You know what? A thousand people can believe a foolish thing but it's still a foolish thing. You can prate all day or have all the pissing contests you want but it's not going to change physics, mechanical engineering or chemistry.

An ATV is considered to be "high performance" if it has a lot of power relative to the weight of the quad. This makes sense -- the more weight you have, the more power it takes to accelerate it. For a given amount of power you want to minimize the weight in order to maximize the acceleration.

Newton's second law of motion can be formally stated as follows:

The acceleration of an object as produced by a net force is directly proportional to the magnitude of the net force, in the same direction as the net force, and inversely proportional to the mass of the object.

force = mass * acceleration

( force = Horsepower, mass = weight )

acceleration = force / mass

A gallon of fuel weights 8 pounds... So in theory, if all else is equal, a quad that is 8 pounds lighter will win the race... Dude....

bwamos
09-13-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by kd5sfq
A gallon of fuel weights 8 pounds... So in theory, if all else is equal, a quad that is 8 pounds lighter will win the race... Dude....

Ahh, but not all else is equal.
Leaving the rider out of it, of course.

Different suspension properties.
Weight Ratio
Center of Gravity all 3 affecting traction.
Stroke vs. Bore (2 quads can have the same HP on paper, but the one with a longer stroke will accelerate slower, but have more torque).

A gallon of fuel wont make much of a difference.. my fat *** weighs 195 lbs. ;)

Ok back to reality...... and real world experience.

300ex BONE stock, vs. Blaster BONE stock. results in a tie until the 300ex hits the super low rev limiter.

300ex vs Blaster both with $1000 worth of engine mods. Blaster will smoke the 300. (It's a cheaper for low level engine mods.).

300ex vs Blaster both with $3500 worth of major engine mods. Welcome back to the tie.

Suspension...
Stock they both SUCK. Slight edge to the 300ex. (but that's nothign to brag about.. lol).

$3000 later both will handle about the same. ;)

In all seriousness.. they are about as even as you can get. You ride which ever one feels better to you. Blaster is a little lighter, tad smaller, 2-stroke feel. The 300ex is a little more torquey, has reverse, slightly (and i mean slightly) better suspension.

Both are rock solid quads, and very fun to play on.

It's like arguing whos gonna win in a drag race between a Ford Fiesta, and a Geo Metro.

kd5sfq
09-13-2005, 02:17 PM
That's true, gear ratios, stroke and other factors make a difference. Even the weight of the flywheel makes a difference on how fast an engine revs. (Newton's 2nd law strikes again.)

That's the whole point I was trying to make. You can say this blaster is faster than that 300ex or that 300ex is faster than that blaster but it's not something that is categorically true. Last year a blaster won the nationals and this year it was a 300ex. I think it was the same rider though...

As far as the difference of 8 pounds... Try this test... Run around the block once... Then grab a gallon jug of water and run around again... See how much more energy you use carrying the water...

Say 8 pounds only makes a fraction of a second difference... On a track a fraction of second or even inches over the finish line makes all the difference in the world between 1st and 2nd. At 60 mph, 1/60th of a second (the blink of an eye) equals 1 1/2 feet.

There is some logic behind what I'm saying... and maybe it's not going to be such a big deal for everyone. But even in the real world it does matter. Why do you think smaller jockey's are prefered?

It's not a hard point to concede. It's not like I'm tell you something like spray your plastic with silicone so you can slide through the air faster... ha ha ha

bwamos
09-13-2005, 03:02 PM
Depends on the type of racing, of course.

In an XC race.. I'd rather have the extra gallon of fuel.
In a Drag race I'd want to run on reserve.

I was just saying that the 8lbs of fuel is nothing compared to my fat 195 lb butt vs. your average 145 lb sport class rider.. lol.

1 gal of gasoline + quad + rider = 8 lbs + 377 lbs + 150 lbs = 535 lbs. 1 gal of gasoline is 1.49% of the total weight.

1 gal of water + runner = 14 lbs + 150 lbs = 164lbs
1 gal of water is 8.54% of the total weight.

To keep it apples to apples.. your runner would be running with a little more than one of those little 1 pint milk cartons they used to have at school. Held placed on the waist. Not in the hand.. that gallon of gasoline is not in the wheels.

I do tend to forget that most people base the fastest quad on a straight line level ground 100m drag race. I hate drag racing.. so I have a different mindset. IMHO.. you have to at least turn left & right. A few ups and downs never hurts either.. lol.

1gal less fuel would make a difference in a drag race. In a long XC race.. it will cost you time not save you time.

Ripitupfilms
09-13-2005, 03:16 PM
this thread is stupid i garentee there like over 12 post of the exact same thing already made all it turns into is a arguement of stupidity

300ex_#387
09-13-2005, 04:09 PM
my theory is haul *** and clear the jumps :macho

blasterak
09-13-2005, 04:41 PM
There both equal and nice quads, but for national racing id go for a fully built 300/250x but I like how cheap in price the blaster is compared to the 300. It really comes down to your price range, ridng style, 4 stroke or 2 stroke and honda or yamaha :macho