PDA

View Full Version : DG exhaust help plate problem

Trevor
09-12-2005, 01:10 PM
I have a dg pipe and I know you guys are going to say it's junk throw it away and buy another pipe. But i have a problem with the end cap and plates. The bolts all came out and there is just holes in the end of the muffler now. Have any of you had this problem ifso what did you do to fix it. I'm to the pon't now where I'm just going to weld the dam thing on.

Trevor
09-12-2005, 01:13 PM
This is what the pipe looks like I don't know what it's called I just know it's a DG.

bwamos
09-12-2005, 01:38 PM
Sounds like the bolts/screws just backe out on you. Probably just need to put new ones in.

If the nuts welded to the backside of the endplate broke loose.. you either need to open it up and reweld them back on.. or just leave them out.

Honda#4
09-12-2005, 06:50 PM
yea i did the same thing with my spark arester just drill them out and stick bolts in there

Fred55
09-12-2005, 07:24 PM
get a closer picture of the pipe, it almost looks like a supertrapp

Trevor
09-13-2005, 05:25 AM
It is a DG pipe with a supertrap end cap and plates. It was on the bike when I bought it. There are no nuts there and the metal is quite thin at the end I don't think you could just put a bolt in that. I think I might weld nuts in the holes and then put alen head bolts in. What can I put on the threads to keep the bolts from falling out. I need something that can handle high heat.

400exrider707
09-13-2005, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Trevor
It is a DG pipe with a supertrap end cap and plates. It was on the bike when I bought it. There are no nuts there and the metal is quite thin at the end I don't think you could just put a bolt in that. I think I might weld nuts in the holes and then put alen head bolts in. What can I put on the threads to keep the bolts from falling out. I need something that can handle high heat.

Usually bolts falling out from there isn't the problem, its after a few hours of use they wont come out again!

bwamos
09-13-2005, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Trevor

Use split ring washer between the bolt head and the endcap plate. It will keep constant tension on the bolt.. and help keep it from vibrating loose.

Best bet is to give them a quick check after each day out.