PDA

View Full Version : stupid idea?

450robot
09-11-2005, 08:36 PM
well, i am watching that flight that fought back on discovery channel, about flight 93, and while taking all of it in, i thought

why hasnt anybody developed a computer system in aircrafts, that if theyre hijacked, a control center can overtake the plane, and land it?

i know this wouldnt stop the terrorists from bringing a bomb on noard, but, you know, it would be smart (and with security, bringing a bomb on board is harder than ever these days apperently)

i dunno, it was just an idea

did anyone watch it?

09-11-2005, 08:38 PM
yea, i dont know why there isnt an override or something that can be used in situations like that:confused:

Punk'd
09-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Thats a great idea, but my guess is to much money?

450robot
09-11-2005, 08:42 PM
i dont think you can put a price on a system that can stop another 9-11

Punk'd
09-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by 450robot

You'd be surprised on how greedy and evil people can be.

09-11-2005, 08:43 PM

Doober
09-11-2005, 08:44 PM
that is a great idea...

dpizz450
09-11-2005, 08:44 PM

well put my man :o

honda350r
09-11-2005, 08:57 PM
Why don't we just put a teleport on the plane so we can all get off at a push of a button??

09-11-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by honda350r
Why don't we just put a teleport on the plane so we can all get off at a push of a button?? If you knew a person on one of those 4 planes, you wouldnt have said that. Congratulations, ur an *******.

Punk'd
09-11-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by honda350r
Why don't we just put a teleport on the plane so we can all get off at a push of a button??

Why dont we have you stand in the middle of a feild and have someone fly one of those straight into you?

YFZ450Ridr
09-11-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
If you knew a person on one of those 4 planes, you wouldnt have said that. Congratulations, ur an *******.

i agree, i dont know any one that got killed on the planes, but i watched a 4 hour special on 9/11 the other night and wow. it changed the way i think on somthings. but the remote control plane thing is a good idea. i know they have plans like that now, but dont carry passengers.

Punk'd
09-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by 250EXridr
i agree, i dont know any one that got killed on the planes, but i watched a 4 hour special on 9/11 the other night and wow. it changed the way i think on somthings. but the remote control plane thing is a good idea. i know they have plans like that now, but dont carry passengers.

(Sorry off topic).. James get on AOL.

09-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by 250EXridr
i agree, i dont know any one that got killed on the planes, but i watched a 4 hour special on 9/11 the other night and wow. it changed the way i think on somthings. but the remote control plane thing is a good idea. i know they have plans like that now, but dont carry passengers. My aunt was on American Airlines Flight 11, first plane to hit the towers.

Punk'd
09-11-2005, 09:24 PM
My aunt was on American Airlines Flight 11, first plane to hit the towers.

OMG.. man im so sorry to hear that.. Did you atleast get to talk to her?:(

450robot
09-11-2005, 09:25 PM
speaking of 9-11, and this tradgic event

what ever happened to hunting the alquaida responsible for the attack? and what happened to getting osama bin laden?

are we still after him, or is he not a concern to bush anymore?

09-11-2005, 09:26 PM
speaking of 9-11, and this tradgic event

what ever happened to hunting the alquiada responsible? and what happened to getting osama bin laden?

are we still after him, or is he not a concern to bush anymore? Bush said in an interveiw, and i quote- " I'm not really concerned about him anymore"

09-11-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
OMG.. man im so sorry to hear that.. Did you atleast get to talk to her?:( I talked to her a few days before. She moved to boston when i was like 6, so i didnt see her much, but that didnt make it any easier. It was my dads sister, he was a mess. I dont usually talk about it, but a post like his just really capped off a day that was very hard for my family and I.

Punk'd
09-11-2005, 10:02 PM
I think that we are still after Osoma. We are just not telling people so he thinks "oh they gave up" and comes out from hiding. That is if he is even alive.

Punk'd
09-11-2005, 10:03 PM
I talked to her a few days before. She moved to boston when i was like 6, so i didnt see her much, but that didnt make it any easier. It was my dads sister, he was a mess. I dont usually talk about it, but a post like his just really capped off a day that was very hard for my family and I.

I am very sorry to hear that man. Sorry I asked. She will be in my prayers tonight:(

09-11-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
I am very sorry to hear that man. Sorry I asked. She will be in my prayers tonight:( Thanks man.

crday98
09-12-2005, 07:59 AM
well, i am watching that flight that fought back on discovery channel, about flight 93, and while taking all of it in, i thought

why hasnt anybody developed a computer system in aircrafts, that if theyre hijacked, a control center can overtake the plane, and land it?

i know this wouldnt stop the terrorists from bringing a bomb on noard, but, you know, it would be smart (and with security, bringing a bomb on board is harder than ever these days apperently)

i dunno, it was just an idea

did anyone watch it? i always wondered the same thing but back when the attacks took place. i'm sure they could develop an auto pilot system that would automatically take over in the event of a high-jack at a reasonable price. i know i'd be more willing to fly knowing something like this exists on an aircraft.

rancid
09-12-2005, 08:17 AM
trailtech makes some cool electronic stuff mabey they could build a setup to do that and then one for our qauds when we get drunk, it could keep us out of camp fires at the dunes.:p

tater_kamik
09-12-2005, 08:57 AM
the pilots are supposed to enter an numeric identifier into IFF that is universal for being hijacked... but that is why they have heavier duty doors to get into the flight deck and they are locked now, so that they can actually enter that in real quick. as for an autopilot system that could take over completely, it would have to be fly by wire (i believe all of the new commercial jets are anyways, or atleast the larger ones) and most of the technology has been available since the b-1b.

tater_kamik
09-12-2005, 08:58 AM
oh, and i thought i remembered something about in the 80's they were trying to make a plane that flew itself, but it crashed?? i dunno, i cant find any info on it because i dont remember enough...

ballisticpb
09-12-2005, 10:03 AM
i think that it would be possible if we had a better tracking system... we need to update our tracking system first.. if i remember right all four planes got lost off the radar before they crashed... there is no way to control them if you can not find them... i think the remote would work well.. but you need to update the rest of the system before it would be feasible

bwamos
09-12-2005, 11:40 AM

As long as your willing to pay another $100 per plane ticket. ;)

The issue would then be.. what if the terrorists got a hold of the control codes and encryption. THey wouldnt even have to hijack the plane.. they could just R/C it into buildings.

wilkin250r
09-12-2005, 11:58 AM
Flying planes by remote control is a bit more complicated than you would think. It works fine on a small-scale, little RC planes at your local park, but when it becomes increasingly difficult the larger it gets. When you're talking large aircraft, on a global scale, and human lives are on the line, it becomes incredibly complex and hugely expensive.

abc
09-12-2005, 05:46 PM
well i don;t think this would work(good idea though). If someone somehow got ahold of acces codes or something it would be another 9-11

gratzracing24
09-12-2005, 05:57 PM
im preety sure the air force has bomber planes that are flown by remote control...i think one of the unmaned planes flew over bin laden a few years ago and took pics of him and his hide out or something like that im not sure...it would be a great idea but it would have to be very secure

09-12-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by tater_kamik
oh, and i thought i remembered something about in the 80's they were trying to make a plane that flew itself, but it crashed?? i dunno, i cant find any info on it because i dont remember enough... they crashed it on purpose...it was awesome. the plan was it was supposed to wreck flat on the ground, slide in between two walls, and lose both wings clean and explode. needless to say flying it by remote control wasn't perfect so one wing tapped the ground and there was an explosion from the fuel.

tater_kamik
09-12-2005, 10:13 PM
im not talking about the testing of the fuel additives, that was a sweet crash though!! there was another one that crashed durung takeoff into a forest.

09-12-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by tater_kamik
im not talking about the testing of the fuel additives, that was a sweet crash though!! there was another one that crashed durung takeoff into a forest. idk about that one

Tommy 17
09-12-2005, 11:11 PM
no remote control system out there can save a plane from being shot down by the airforce... and thats exactly what happened to flight 93...:o