PDA

View Full Version : 400 help!

Macadoo355
09-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Ok so my dad tells me to start making a holiday list today, my hole family likes to be prepared. Anyways I want maxxis razr 2's all around. I do lots of trails but building a mx track in the back property. What do you guys for tire sizes? Also im looking at a FMF T-4 exaust, is it a good pipe? Do you run the stock mid and head pipe(I think thats what you call them)? Im getting the DG heal guard nerfs, does anyone use them or have any complaints? I was looking at a K&N air filter, is that a bad idea or are there better ones? Last but not least im going to get a port polish if we can find someone to do it for the right price. And before anyone starts bustin my balls about being spoiled id rather you dident because im perfectly aware of it. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance, Ryan

fasterthanyouex
09-11-2005, 07:20 PM
umm i love my K&N filter but buy and outwear on it...makes things alot safer.... and the Razor 2s are a good tire..i like them but i dont have any expirence with other tires.....and i seriously like my Dmc pipe..if there are better pipes well damn thats crazy...if third gear i can nail it and its pulls so much harder....also what kind of quad do you have? there is so much out there to get...i would say get your frame PC'd

400exstud
09-11-2005, 07:21 PM
If I were you I would get an HMF or sparks pipe and AC nerfs.

Macadoo355
09-11-2005, 07:49 PM
I have a 400ex, and i was looking at the t-4 because i was going to get a deal on a brand new one from a friend. Im PC my frame dark metalic blue and getting gray plastics this winter. But I have to pay for that. Any more oppinions would be great. Thanks, Ryan

xc_racer1
09-11-2005, 07:53 PM
rzr 2s are a good tire but not a good mx tire
if u wanna do mx id suggest turf tamers, or holeshot hds
hds are better then rzr 2s for about the same price
about the best pipe out right now is the hmf bill balance full system head pipe and all... thats wut the pros run..
its easy to tune too
get the ac nerfs
and id get a uni filter b/c they breathe better and they are easier to clean

400exrider707
09-11-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by xc_racer1
rzr 2s are a good tire but not a good mx tire
if u wanna do mx id suggest turf tamers, or holeshot hds
hds are better then rzr 2s for about the same price
about the best pipe out right now is the hmf bill balance full system head pipe and all... thats wut the pros run..
its easy to tune too
get the ac nerfs
and id get a uni filter b/c they breathe better and they are easier to clean

Holeshot HD's are not a good mx tire, and bill balance doesn't even run a bill balance pipe. What other pros run that pipe? Also I agree with you air filter choice, I would run a UNI instead, but thats just opinion, you can do a search and read the debates on those two filters.

I currently have an FMF ti-4 and you will need to get the mid-pipe to go with that as well, good pipe though, I am satisfied.

Macadoo355
09-12-2005, 02:33 PM
Can I keep my stock head pipe with the T-4?

400exrider707
09-12-2005, 02:39 PM
Yes stock head pipe. Just FYI the t4 is the pro-circuit pipe and the Titanium-4 is the FMF pipe. Just make sure you specify when you order cause the PC T4 doesnt use a mid-pipe.

Macadoo355
09-12-2005, 03:27 PM
Its the FMF pipe.

dirt308
09-12-2005, 03:44 PM
I would aslo go with a uni air filter. I have a K&N but its to hard to clean once its really dirty. atleast with the uni you can wash it.

fasterthanyouex
09-12-2005, 04:44 PM
id say K&N cuz it aint foam..i dont liek foam at all...but what you people dont get... is the pro will run with whatever gives them the best deal to a point....