PDA

View Full Version : ?? TRX450 or YFZ450..

Trouble
09-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Alright I posted a similar question in another forum but since I see that there's actually people in this forum I'll take my chances and see what you guys think.

I'm looking into buying the new TRX450R or the YFZ, I know I might get some bias comments here but **** it....

My buddy's all got YFZ's or Raptors, I really want to get the Honda because it sounds awesome and I love that it's in black...
Plus I've seen there quads always have little problems like **** breaking off and other little things. 1 friend of mine has a 400ex and it's been pretty good to him.

Can it or will it be able to beat the YFZ with maybe just a couple mods? Or maybe even stock if the YFZ is stock?

JRP
09-11-2005, 06:23 PM
it dosent matter what you get your gonna be happy.. i chose the trx450r because it fits me more. its more comfortable in all ways..

Trouble
09-11-2005, 06:44 PM
Looks sweet bro.........

450robot
09-11-2005, 06:50 PM
with the new 06 450r released; the yfz and r are basically equal, with the r's new more powerful motor, the yfzs already powerful motor, estart on both, race worthy shocks on both

its really up what you like for looks now

personally i chose the r because i like how the tank comformed to my legs while riding or leaning

if it wasnt for that, yfz wouldve been an equal choice for me

so, its all personal prefference

Trouble
09-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Thanks for your input fellas, if anyone else would like to share there .02 cents my eyes and ears are open.......

:)

Honda
09-11-2005, 08:17 PM
Well, I have had several bikes and quads in my lifetime. The most realiable machines and the most comftorable have always been the Honda's. They have also been the easist to work on and get replacement parts for.

My Yamahas broke all the time, dumb stuff too, like shocks blowing out, bolts snapping, starter problems, plastic cracking..............

Suzuki always had engine problems, and was harder to work on.

Take this for what it is worth......I have wrecked a lot less on Honda machines, Yamaha sent me to the hospital one time. The best quad I ever owned, and wrecked the least amout of times.................

The Fabulous and Famous TRX250R. I still miss it to this day!

400exrider0004
09-11-2005, 08:20 PM
r for sure, like said earlier both yfz and 450r are equal with the new changes on the 06 450r. I would chose Honda because its Honda

400exrider0004
09-11-2005, 08:21 PM
still wondering though will the black become worn after a while and look dull?

Honda
09-11-2005, 08:23 PM
still wondering though will the black become worn after a while and look dull?

YES!

400exrider0004
09-11-2005, 08:24 PM
ok, im going with a red one then!!

Punk'd
09-11-2005, 08:25 PM
Go with the 06 450r.

Honda
09-11-2005, 08:38 PM
Yea, I think the 06 is going to be really nice!

450robot
09-11-2005, 08:48 PM
i forgot to add, i bought my r too, becuase the motor design is so simple, and yet so advanced

no external metal oil transfer lines on the motor (my friend crimpt one on his yfz motor, stopped the oil feed, and seized it), or you dont have to worry about a bolt loosening, or stripping and draining your oil

internal oil tank for engine, and oil sight glass for easy oil level check, no funky dip shi... i mean stick to worry about

seperate oil sorce for the tranny, so no cross contamination in oils, and lower oil heat temps

internal water pump system

unicam cam design, no dohc and excessive spinning parts up in the head bucket

and honda is renowned for reliable motors

dont you just love engineering!

RIDER11X
09-11-2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Honda
Well, I have had several bikes and quads in my lifetime. The most realiable machines and the most comftorable have always been the Honda's. They have also been the easist to work on and get replacement parts for.

DITTO! Go with the Honda. You will never regret it!:cool:

The Honda does the twin sump to seperate oil from bottom and top end, better brakes, 3 ring piston, higher compression, Factory available HRC kit, etc.........Honda is gonna be awesome in 2006.

And, at an MX race today...........EVERY quad class was led by a 450R, followed by a YFZ.............Results speak for themselves.......... :macho

ALLUWANT
09-11-2005, 10:19 PM
man me and my buddy both own a black and red r. yes they will fade and i mean both of them. but nothin a little tire shine on the plastic wont fix and it helps from the mud staining it and sticking to it. but as long as u take care of it. itll last

Trouble
09-11-2005, 10:53 PM
Sounds great guys, I actually spoke with someone at my local Honda dealer and he said they should be out sometime at the end of this month. He said I could put 1 bill down and he would reserve the first one for me.

I think I'll be getting the Honda...

kazpr
09-11-2005, 11:14 PM
Trouble what kinda $$ you talking? E-start or kick start?

Trouble
09-12-2005, 08:38 AM
Actually I'm not sure about how much $$ it'll cost..I guess I'll call him again today and let you guys know a little later......

yfz450admirer
09-12-2005, 02:31 PM
I have ridden my friends yfz's extensively on an MX track and was pretty impressed with the power delivery, especially the 470 bore. After I got a 05 450R, I rode my quad and a YFZ on the track with both machines basically stock. For my riding style and frame, 6'1", the 450R was a lot faster and more comfortable on the track. I'll have to admit I am selling my 450R, but that is another story.