PDA

View Full Version : Round em up...Hatfield McCoy ride

06-10-2002, 01:45 PM
Well guys,,we still goin or what???:D I know we are I just figured we need ta get everybodies info in here before it's too late. I beleive VWVR6 said he's bringin a big arse RV for everybody that's goin to stay in so that's a good start...:devil

knighttime
06-10-2002, 01:48 PM
LOL, i hope he brings beer and food as well

OK, im goin, and we should get there Thursday night, we just gotta check out if we can "check-in" that night.

I'll have a disposable camera for the ride to document and unique happenings.

And Eric/VWVR6 u better get postin' on this since u r the Hatfield McCoy last weekend in June EXRIDERS RIDE COORDINATOR

Where are we stayin at again?

Please post all internet links to the trail system and campground.

luvmyex
06-10-2002, 05:17 PM
me and a couple of friends are thinking about going that weekend.Nothing has been set in stone yet though.Right now its just an idea.But im tring to get em to go.

Pappy
06-10-2002, 05:23 PM
hey, what when and ...oh i know where. give me the scoop so i can get there. hey rico....can i just tie a rope to your quad so i can keep up!

cdalejef
06-10-2002, 07:00 PM
Ya whats the date, we may come if there isn't a GNCC that weekend!

Taco
06-10-2002, 07:16 PM
June 28,29.30th and i cant wait. What all do i need to bring?

Pappy
06-10-2002, 07:47 PM
oops! same weekend as the MD gncc race. maybe next time

cdalejef
06-10-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by 400ex127
oops! same weekend as the MD gncc race. maybe next time It never fails!:(

froggieboi
06-11-2002, 02:04 AM
I am deffinately making the this trip. This prove to be a good one.:D

MOFO
06-11-2002, 05:43 AM
....chiming in a bit late....(very busy at work from last week vacation stuff - *******s at work left me a full plate :mad: )....

The ride is still on. We'll be staying at the Chief Logan Campground. Its about a 20 min drive from the Bearwallow trailhead. It looks like the people we are with reserved two camp sites. One will have their 5th wheel & our tents and the other one should be pretty open (enough room for 4-5 good sized tents), so this should be enough room for everyone....

It also looks like most of my group will be down their late thursday night....around 12-1am getting ready for a small ride on friday :huh ... I'll post more about times when we find out for sure...

As for posting all the links again, I suppose I can just find the link to where I already posted them (I'm feelin a bit lazy :D )

The dates are June 28,29 & 30th....

WVEXrider
06-11-2002, 12:49 PM
Guys,

I would love to hook up one day with you all. I have a guided tour to do on Saturday of some non HM trails but I may be able to get up with you all on Sunday. Please post your info here before you leave and where you will be riding. Thanks. If you would like to see some good pics of the area, take a look at my site.

Taco
06-15-2002, 11:29 PM
bump

wyndzer
06-16-2002, 09:22 PM
I'll be there Friday night sometime, with the Speed and maybe a friend with a Blaze. Look for a white Chevy Avalanche. Can we ride Rockhouse Saturday?

MOFO
06-17-2002, 06:21 AM
Cool....

Well I am up for anything. If we decide to ride something else Saturday, thats cool....I know the bearwallow is a really good trail system. I'll be driving my Blue Silverado Z71 ext cab and my buddy with his Dakota Quad Cab should be there....look for those trucks. Actually, before this trip, we should all exchange #'s to setup more specific meeting.....

Eric

Taco
06-17-2002, 07:23 PM
I'm fine with riding other trailheads as well

06-18-2002, 09:32 AM
Here's some links..

Webpage for hatfield McCoy.. http://www.trailsheaven.com/

Get yer map made here.. http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=mrfn

webpage for cheif logan state park.. http://www.chiefloganstatepark.com/

Eric should be posting some info soon on the exact camp sites or possible lot number or who's name it will be under for those of you staying at cheif "smoking" logan:D state park.

It looks like it's gonna take me about 4 to 4.5 hours to get there and I believe we'll be coming down friday morning..early, I plan on being at the campground no later than noon..
We'll be in a 2002 Ford F-150 4x4 Silver with topper,,with an open trailer.

MOFO
06-18-2002, 10:28 AM
Ok...heres the info....

The campsite we have reserved should hold 6 tents easily (according to the campsite dude). The site is under the last name "Kozik". They should be able to show you to our site. My truck will be there for sure...its a new Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab (blue & pewter bottom) My buddy will have his Dodge Dakota quad cab there & there might be a big 5th wheel camper there attached to a new Chevy HD 4 door (color is pewter).... As far as I know, we are leaving Thursday night which should put us there for Friday morning.

Anyone that is going, please post a rough time or day that you think you will be there (at the site or Bearwallow Trailhead).

Drop me line if you guys got any questions at EricGTIGUY@AOL.COM

Oh, could you guys post what kind of vehicle you guys will be driving in.....so we can spot ya if we see you first.

Eric

Taco
06-18-2002, 07:33 PM
here is my quad and truck i will be pulling a trailer with another another yellow 400 on it most likely. I plan on leaving here about 8ish so i plant to be there around 10 or so unless Rico maybe wants me to wait on him to roll by here. PM me for my cell #

froggieboi
06-18-2002, 11:35 PM
I should be rolling in with Rico. I'll be in a black Tacoma 4x4.

06-19-2002, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Tacostrk
unless Rico maybe wants me to wait on him to roll by here. PM me for my cell #

Nah go ahead and go on up...

Foxrage
06-19-2002, 07:21 AM
There is suppose to be a big ride all this week some kind of thing and it was on my local news last night and people were showin off for the camera.

06-19-2002, 10:25 AM
Just got back from the hm trails, dirt week event, I just wanted to say that those people from maryland sure know how to party. I have never seen so many quads in one place at a time. Oh yeah the trails, chicks, and booze were all great. Taco was right about the women in gilbert, they were so fine. Might head back that way this weekend since its not that far of a drive.

06-19-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by brokeitin2
Might head back that way this weekend since its not that far of a drive.

You comin up next weekend when we all head up there?????

froggieboi
06-20-2002, 10:33 PM
little bump

Taco
06-23-2002, 06:20 PM
big bump

man i'm getting hyped up I cant wait.

06-25-2002, 05:38 AM
I wont be able to make that one, its my saturday to work. I wanted to but I already had my vacation planned. Just do me one favor take trail #12 at rockhouse all the way to gilbert and check out the little blonde that works at subway, she was well worth the trip, i got hungry just looking at her. But then my wife beat the **** outta me and I wasnt hungry no more.:(

MOFO
06-25-2002, 06:01 AM
ok guys....looks like we might have to ride rockhouse sometime this weekend.... :D

froggieboi
06-25-2002, 09:26 AM
I think that I could use some Subway sometime this weekend. #12 to Gilbert here we come. ;)

wyndzer
06-25-2002, 10:45 AM
Told ya'll we should ride Rockhouse Saturday! See everyone Friday night between 7 and 10 pm? Not really sure when I'll get away.

06-25-2002, 10:52 AM
sounds like we'll be hitting the rock house trail huh,,,sounds cool to me,,I think I'd like ta ride into town on the 416,,that should be pretty cool,,and I'm game for stoppin and see sweet cheeks at subway too..:D :D

I'm still planning on bein down early friday,,hopefully around noon or close to it..

UPDATE,,,looks like my dad will be coming along after all..hope ya'll don't mind an old man with a foul mouth and big passion for drinkin beer comin along.:D

Also,,,who has somebody coming along with utility quads,,cuz dad's gonna be on a honda foreman 2x4 and he's not known for puttin the hammer down.

knighttime
06-25-2002, 11:24 AM
:D

CranMan
06-25-2002, 11:39 AM
Count me in guys...I'll be riding up with Wyndzer. Hopefully there will be room for 2 more tents!

MOFO
06-25-2002, 12:47 PM
Guys, there should be plenty of room for everyone. The people with the 5th wheel in my group are not making it...so....a ton of room opened up. The lady at the camp site basically told me that if there is grass around our site...you can park your trucks or put tents up. She would not charge me for another site...she said if they are only tents...just put 'em where you want 'em. Very nice people down there at Chief Logan! :D

Final headcount????

Group 1: 3 (Me, knighttime & one of our friends) We will be there early for Friday morning
Group 2: 2 (Rico, 'ol man & Froggy) 2pm on Friday
Group 3: 3 (Taco & 3 of his bud's) before noon on Friday
Group 4: 2 (Cranman and Wyndzer) late friday?

anyone else???? Just trying to get an idea of how many people are coming. If you go to Chief Logan campsite....look for the site under "Kozik". There will be a new blue Chevy ext Z71 & a new Dodge Dakota Quadcab (orange'ish in color). That will be my group...

Eric

MOFO
06-25-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Rico

UPDATE,,,looks like my dad will be coming along after all..hope ya'll don't mind an old man with a foul mouth and big passion for drinkin beer comin along.:D

Also,,,who has somebody coming along with utility quads,,cuz dad's gonna be on a honda foreman 2x4 and he's not known for puttin the hammer down.

Glad to hear your 'ol man is making it. Foul mouth & beer? He'll be right at home with us! :D As for putting the hammer down, dont worry about it....Mike rides pretty slow. LOL just kidding... We did have some guys coming with Grizzlys but its not looking good for them....maybe last minute.....

Taco
06-25-2002, 04:23 PM
i got me and three others now but 2 of them will be leaving Saturday evening.

do we need to bring firewood??

MOFO
06-26-2002, 06:24 AM
Nope, I'm bringing a bunch of firewood....should be enough.

We've decided just to bring some ready made burgers & hot dogs to cook over the fire. So you guys might want to do the same....simple food.

Here is a picture of my truck. I'll have my "red" 400EX in the back....I could only find this dirty picture...

06-26-2002, 07:15 AM
Well I don't see us getting there before noon,,my dad informed me we will have to take a slight detour on the way,,so I'd say it will be before 2:00 I hope..:( Eric I got your phone number so I'll call ya when were about an hour away ta give ya a heads up..if looks like were gonna be running even later I'll call ya earlier,,either way I'll be in touch with ya..

wyndzer
06-26-2002, 07:32 AM
Cool I love "FREE BBQ's"

Erick, I like the hotdogs with cheese in the middle and my hamburgers cooked medium with cheese. Also a little relish ketchup and mayo for the dogs. Don't forget the chips, I like doritos. Mt. Dew to drink. Are you cooking breakfast too!!!!!!:D :D

Taco
06-26-2002, 07:41 AM
I'll give ya a free hamburger or hotdog for a spin on the speed:devil :devil

MOFO
06-26-2002, 07:53 AM

h*ll yea! I second this idea!!! :D :D

MOFO
06-26-2002, 07:57 AM
ok....I gave taco my cell also....I'm not sure what kind of coverage I have at the campsite...if I remember right, its very limited...but I think I got a call last year while I was there. So, I'll try to keep my phone up on the highest tree for best signal. If you call and get my voicemail, leave a message and keep trying to call....

Hey Yo Mike....where are the pre-WV ride pics we took last night??? :D

Eric

06-26-2002, 08:05 AM

I'll be bringin some ribeye's if that sounds better wyndzer..:D :D

Yeah Mike were the hecks the pre WV ride pics at??????

UPDATE.....I will be bringin a grill,,not very big but it will cook,,I'm also bringin pots and pans too if anybody needs ta use them,,and jets from a dynojet kit if we by chance we have to rejet from altitude change,,hoping not..

ANOTHER UPDATE..just picked up a fifth of Makers Mark for us too..:eek:

knighttime
06-26-2002, 08:14 AM
I feel like my head is a little bit dizzy from last nights beer. But I'm just about all packed and the quad is ready I think (plugged a hole last night, no probs so far with it). So everything is cool. If anyone has a grill bring the mofo, or we'll have to get a freakin fire goin' in the heat to cook on. Rico I'm kinda glad your not gonna get there till 2, cause that will let Eric, Chris, and I stay up a little later when we get there late thurs/early fri morning.

:blah

wyndzer
06-26-2002, 08:23 AM
Damn I'll be able to eat free all weekend. I'll bring my laptop, change the map, let you ride, eat a burger, change to a different map, let you ride, eat a burger. By the time I do that four or five times I'll be full.

MOFO
06-26-2002, 10:49 AM
Ok, I'm not packed, quads not done yet...but the truck is washed. :D I'll be buzzing over to Mikes again tonight...changing my oil, rear pads & some other small items. Then I should be able to pack late Wed night & Thursday (sometime before we leave).

Mike, where are the pics from last night...that one looks like its day time out... :confused:

<EDIT>: Rico, last year we didnt have to change our jetting...so I'm not sure how you are jetted right now, but you should be ok. I'm currently jetted for an elevation of around 1200-1500ft. Not sure what your elevation at home is.....

Eric

06-27-2002, 08:30 AM
link to the weather at hatfield..

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/25632?whatprefs=

Taco
06-27-2002, 03:54 PM
Im so excited about this trip i even went and got my teeth all fixed up for ya.

wyndzer
06-30-2002, 05:06 PM
Sorry I didn't make it. Did ya'll have fun?

WVEXrider
06-30-2002, 05:23 PM
Well,

How was the trip? I could'nt make it over as I was tied up all weekend with a group (had a blast though). Would like to see some pics and get some feedback.

knighttime
06-30-2002, 07:14 PM
The trip was great. Yes it was hot, and we got a little bit of rain while riding on Friday, but it felt good actually. The trails are very fun and we were all impressed with the riding areas. Yes there are some rocks and mud, but it was all part of the fun. It was also fun havin' a big line of quads goin through the town of Gilbert. You can just ride there just like u would a car almost. Just ride up to the gas station, fill up, go inside and get a gatorade and subway sub and your off to the trails again.

I'm sure there will be a lot posted about this trip.
:D

4punksdad
06-30-2002, 07:58 PM
pics..............pics.....pics!
cmon guys, lets see it. My buddies brought back cool pics of a whole tractor trailer load of atv's from some tour company. they delivered the quads to the tailhead, and shuttled the riders in on a greyhound bus :)

very cool stuff. hope you all had fun.

Tommy 17
06-30-2002, 08:18 PM
so who all showed up... i wanted to...

07-02-2002, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
shuttled the riders in on a greyhound bus :)

Are you sure that wasn't Taco riding in front of the group??:eek:

Taco
07-02-2002, 05:41 AM
lol oh hardy har har:D

07-02-2002, 07:08 AM
LMFAO,,,:D :D

08-05-2004, 07:00 PM
:confused:

MOFO
08-05-2004, 07:07 PM
:eek2:

damn... <sheds a tear from my eye> That sure was a fun trip!

MOFO
08-05-2004, 07:21 PM
BTW, I just got my pictures back from the lab... think it took them long enough! :mad:

I think the title of this picture should be "Just add beer..."

MOFO
08-05-2004, 07:22 PM
the first run in with the Legend.... :huh

MOFO
08-05-2004, 07:23 PM
The first ride of the first H/M trip....

MOFO
08-05-2004, 07:23 PM
LMAO... anyone remember what this picture shows?

Kilabanshee
08-05-2004, 07:39 PM
What are your guys age limits of the riders if you have one?

08-06-2004, 07:30 AM
We have no age limits. I think the youngest has been 15 and the oldest was mid 50's....:eek2:

Taco
08-06-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
LMAO... anyone remember what this picture shows? Its me getting gas any retard knows that;)

08-06-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Taco
Its me getting gas any retard knows that;)

not deseil?????????

Taco
08-06-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by GNCCer
not deseil????????? Now would I be the kinda person that would do something like that:devil: