PDA

View Full Version : standing it up

acesfull
09-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Ok since i have three quads (05 TRX400, 05 YFZ, and 03 BANSHEE) it is getting time to put one of the away for the winter. I chose to put away the 400 and there is no room for it to go in the garage except for one spot where I can stand it up...is this bad for it to leave it like this for the winter?

DaleJrFan
09-11-2005, 03:40 PM
drain the gas and oil, it will be fine.

acesfull
09-11-2005, 03:48 PM
what if i left those in there? the gas and the oil that is

DaleJrFan
09-11-2005, 04:00 PM
i guess if you left the gas in there and just turned it off, it wouldn't drain out but if it is going to sit for more than a couple of weeks, i would drain it so you dont have to worry about bad gas when you crank it in the spring. the reason you have to drain the oil is cause it will all drain into your crank and you would have all that oil sitting there below your piston just clumped up as time wears on it. now in theroy, if your rings are still good, you could get the quad out in the spring, set it on level ground for at least a hour, and the oil should drain back in to the tank and you would have no problems, but that is a chance i dont want to take.

yamablaster24
09-11-2005, 06:43 PM
if your doing it for a long time drain it of not it should be fine i had my 400 standing for about a week then let it sit for 30 mins then came out and started it. Ran fine