View Full Version : 400ex plastics cracking

06-10-2002, 01:23 PM
I must first off say how much I love my Honda. I previously owned a yamaha and I will never own another again. But the one thing I liked on my yamaha is the way the plastics held up! Yeah my Warrior went from "Yamaha blue" to "Yamaha that used to be blue but has been rolled some many times its now yamaha white" but they never cracked.
I wish I could say the same about my EX! Im on my third set of plastics (finally dropped the 400 bones and bought full bores because I was so annoyed with "zip tie stitching" my plastics after every race. )
I haven't heard any one else on the forum complain of this problem but, my friends and I have all had a re-occuring problems with cracking plastics and even breaking the rear fenders clean off.

06-10-2002, 02:14 PM
Did you have to move your ignition? Was it a pain?

Yellow 400ex, DG nerfs, DG skidplates on A-arms and swingarm and PRM baja bumper.:devil

kxrider
06-10-2002, 02:52 PM
what kind of plastic did you get some cheap brands dont hold up at all, you only get what you pay for, i am sure you already know that, are you plastics cut, or are the stock

Woodsrider
06-10-2002, 03:00 PM
the way I read it he tore up the stock set, replaced it. Tore up that set, (presumably oem), and then bought fullbore.
Dang dude your hard on plastic:eek:

06-10-2002, 04:16 PM
my EX plastic bends lol, i havn't cracked it yet, i prob won't crack the red set considering i am taking it off the next day or so and putting yellow

06-10-2002, 06:22 PM
u must not be that good of a rider it ur always replacing plasitc

Lil90man!!
06-10-2002, 08:22 PM
rubber side down=no cracked plastic:D :blah

loganB
06-10-2002, 09:00 PM
I cracked my plastic on my 400ex and it was on the front fender so I shaved them today.:D

06-11-2002, 05:32 AM
I choose not to run a key or neutral light with my fullbores just my regular start buttton and It eliminated all the extra light/key switch wiringing.
Yes soggy you did read right..... my bike is a 2000 and it came with red oem(Broke the rear left off while landing a double, replaced with yellow OEM from planet honda (I race cut them as soon as I put them on, and I had all of the tabs that mount the black side panels to the front cover break off.....then the back fender cracked all the way around and under the seat!?!)
:mad: