PDA

View Full Version : purchasing a new frame for a raptor

SRH
09-11-2005, 10:13 AM
i looked at a raptor the other day, frame was junk, what do you have to do to get a new frame with vins?i heard it was a real pain , he doesnt have the papers with the old one, he never got them from the last owner so id like to get a new frame with new vins and papers and how much does one run?i wouldnt even consider it but its a 02 and he offeredit to me at a good price, also the center case area where the swingarm bolt goes thru is cracked a lil, can that be welded? also do raptors vibrate a lil more than most quads? the motor sounded good, shifted nice and smooth....running wise the motor was good, swingarm and bearings where all good and stuff ....what do you think?

TheRidinLife01
09-11-2005, 06:57 PM
sounds stolen....just my $.02....and if im not mistaken there was a 02 raptor on here not too long ago from new york that was stolen...check into it before you buy

SRH
09-11-2005, 07:20 PM
it has a broken frame so its stolen?

tater_kamik
09-12-2005, 05:19 PM
you can get one off of ebay, i did and i made sure it had papers. you can also buy a brand new one off of yamaha, they are like 588.61 bucks, but i do not know if they come with papers, may have to ask an dealer about that. are you talking about the swingarm bolt and where it goes through??