PDA

View Full Version : raced again

ESR250R
06-10-2002, 12:48 PM
well i just raced my 2nd race this season (4th race ever). i got my elka shocks dialed in pretty well (still needs fine tuning). well usually there are 2 motos then the good riders advance to the final. well there was 23 quads there and they said they could fit 22 in the line. so they just wanted to squeeze 23 (23 quads = choas in the first corner) in the line instead of making it 2 motos. so the first race i am sitting at the line looking at the quads around me to the right is a piped banshee with axle and a arms, next to him is a decked out 250r with a 330 powervalve ,a arms and an axle, to the left a piped raptor with a arms and an axle and next to him a cannondale moto (these are just the quads next to me). i am sitting there thinking this first corner is gonna be some bumping and grinding and these people that have much more motor than me. well i pulled 2nd on the holeshot against 23 other quads (moto got 1st) and held it for 2 laps, by the end of that race i ended up 5th out of 23. during that race i got pretty beat up by the track and my quad (havent rode in 3 weeks). so i decided that the next race ill just take it easier. the 2nd race i pull 3rd on the holeshot and ended up 8th out of 23 at the end of the race. i got 7th place over all and got another plaque to go up on my wall.

Razorback
06-10-2002, 05:16 PM
nice job! that's a helluva lot of quads in one race. gotta have some nerve to get in that mess and hang in there.

ESR250R
06-11-2002, 06:19 AM
RazorbackEXRider: nice job! that's a helluva lot of quads in one race. gotta have some nerve to get in that mess and hang in there.

thanks razorback. i had my thoughts about not racing at all but those thoughts went away once i got up to the gates.

Razorback
06-11-2002, 09:03 AM
yeah, i don't know about you, but i get extremely nervous and jittery before my first race, but after i get started all that goes away. a lot of guys say they throw up before every race, so at least i'm not doing that :D

06-11-2002, 09:46 AM
I always notice I gotta pee when I get to the gate..:eek: Just about every time..:D

NacsRacing400
06-11-2002, 10:41 AM
Hey im glad that isnt just me that that happens to rico. lol

ESR250R
06-12-2002, 08:36 AM
my nerves use to got up real bad for my first two races last year. but now when i arrive i am a little nervous until i sit on my quad to go to the line. for some reason once i sit on my quad i fell alot more comfortable and my nerves go down.

redrider808
06-12-2002, 10:56 AM
man i miss the butterflys i don't get them no more .
i would get them so bad i shock till the light came on
then i was ok .

but still have to pee befor the race i have held up the race to run and pee. lol