PDA

View Full Version : pipe springs

Jester
09-11-2005, 08:56 AM
I need some pipe springs for an fmf gold that I have, mine broke, and dissapeared.

anyone have extra?

HiperEX
09-11-2005, 09:14 AM
rocky mountain sells them and alot of other places

JTRtrx250r
09-12-2005, 10:22 AM
chit dude... just hit a hardware store, they're cheap and have many styles to choose from, I always have a few spares but have yet to ever need them, I wont pay a few extra bucks from a dealer when I can basically get a few spares for the same price

wilkin250r
09-12-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
chit dude... just hit a hardware store, they're cheap and have many styles to choose from,

Are they stiff enough? The stock springs are pretty dang stiff brand-new. I never bothered to check the hardware store because I just figured they wouldn't have any that stiff in that size.

JTRtrx250r
09-12-2005, 01:17 PM
Im runnin' a few swivel springs that have been on there for a couple yrs now, I guess it depends on what your local store carries, but there are a few diffrent styles. Of course you cant run some soft /thing ,weak spring, so just dont buy those. good selections around here at most stores, whether longer/shorter or fatter etc, the swivel units almost resemble a style spring you'd see on a bass drum kick pedal. I like em' for the fact that they make it easier to get on /off

a spring tool really helps, and a couple peices of automotive gas line also helps to keep the tingy vibration noise down that some springs have, just slit it down the side and fit it on over the spring

jas250r
09-12-2005, 01:55 PM
A guy at a local parts shop recommended that i smear hi temp silicone on the springs (like a strip) to help with the vibration, said it was a old snowmoblier trick, i tried it and haven't lost or broke any since, been 2 years

CHAR250R
09-13-2005, 06:20 AM
I run factory Honda springs on my Paul Turner. The aftermarket ones break. I have the part number here somewhere. I'll post it when I find it. You can safety wire them in case yours vibrate and fall off.