PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Question...... HELP!!!!!!

Kirklandrock
09-11-2005, 07:21 AM
Hello all,

Im installing a CRF kill button in place of the oem on/off + lights switch.... I've removed my lights so I dont need a switch....

I've traced the wires from the oem switch.... the two from the kill switch are pretty easy.... but what do I do with the other 2 wires for the lights??????? just clip them off or what.... splice together...... Let me know.

I installed my Pro Armor tether switch to the key switch wiring.. thus eliminating my key switch....

THanks yall
JOe

09-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Hook the red and black wires together. If you don't your fan won't work. Then the green and black with a white stripe get hooked to the kill switch.

Kirklandrock
09-11-2005, 05:13 PM
Frank,
thats how I connected my Pro Armor tether switch .... to the wires from the key switch just as you have indicated...

What I need to know is what to do with the brown and the black wires from the light on off switch..... I'm replacing the whole oem light switch/engine on off pod with an oem CRF kill button...(one black wire with a white tracer and one black wire with green chaser (the ground) which grounds to the handlebars) the oem pod consists of one brown and one black ( lights on/off ) and one black with white tracer and a green wire (engine run/engine off) I dont run any lights so what to do with the brown and black from the light switch........

Hope I've explained it better Frank,

THanks so much for your reply.... Hope finally meet ya this year at some scrambles..
Later
JOE

09-11-2005, 05:16 PM
Joe,
I just unpluged my light switch and taped off the connector. i would imagine you don't have to worry about those other wires. As long as you have the ones for the fan hooked up your good.

Kirklandrock
09-11-2005, 05:28 PM
Yea,
thats how I removed my lights also Frank, but when I removed the pod on the bars that connector that I unplugged from the lights came out with the rest of the wiring for the pod...... I clipped them from the white connector under the hood..... I'll probably just tape them up and forget about them...
the only thing that will be left in the white connector will be the two clipped wires from the lights and the two wires from the crf kill switch ...... SO the kill switch wires will be the only live (used wires) wires in that connector

THanks again Frank
Joe

P.S. you gonna ride the Quad Scrambles this year, and what class.... I'm gonna ride the QS races and the HS races that are close..