PDA

View Full Version : xr cam ?

jay's 400ex
06-10-2002, 11:11 AM
if i drop a xr cam in, waht all would i need? do i jus need to buy the camshaft and use the decompressor and sprocket and **** off of my stock cam or what? any of u guys that have put one in let me know waht all i need to do or buy. i would appreciate taht very much. thanx, Jay

knighttime
06-10-2002, 11:22 AM
the cam, thats all

jay's 400ex
06-11-2002, 09:22 AM
thanx man

06-11-2002, 10:56 AM
just a thought but if you have the cam allready just pop it in. if you were thinking of buying one then I would suggest thinking of a cam with a little more lift and duration. You would get much more for your money than with the xr400 cam.

two_baaalls
06-11-2002, 03:23 PM
xr cam comes with the decompressor, no changes needed there. Nothing else to buy.

Gt thunder cam (made by web cams) doesnt come with one, and they do not suggest using the decompressor cam. I've had both, still use the GT (along with the 440)

GT says their cam is a drop-in, meaning you dont need hardened rockers, but Web suggests hard faced rockers. (like I said, same exact cam). I havent noticed any wear on my GT after about 20 hours so far.

Your choice, hardened or not, nothing else needed!

Good luck!

jay's 400ex
06-12-2002, 06:15 PM
alrite! sounds good to me. i think i'm gonna go wit teh gt cuz i think id like that more. i kinda figured the xr wouldnt give me huge differences and the gt isnt all that much more. thanx for your help. peace, later

Jay