PDA

View Full Version : powerloss

guinness77
09-10-2005, 09:31 AM
I've noticed over time, that my 400ex is loosing top end power. After break-in, I could still easily accelerate when going into top gear. Now... The motor slowly begins to bog down.

Here's a little history that may (or may not) help.
The Honda was bought in June 2004. I have always been very thurough about cleaning the filter(s) and oil every 20 hours of riding time. I ride in the Oregon dunes every week. At 58 hrs I had the valves checked and the carb re-jetted. At 104 hours I had an FMF filter (&pre-filter installed), a White Brothers E-Series pipe put on, a power-up jet kit installed into the carb, and had it re-jetted. At 210 hrs the shifting rid snapped and I had it replaced. While they we're at it they replaced the rings. They said the piston looked great. I've replaced the sprockets and chain of course. I typically run 95 octane gas.

Any odeas why this is happening? (A dirty carb maybe?) The plug looks great, the cylindar head is firmly attached, and the headder pipes are firmly attached. I've noticed the carb feels af it's mounted with flexible mounting brackets. I've got the Clymer manual and will not hesitate to dig into this thing if I have to.

Thanks for your input.

FoxMxRiders
09-10-2005, 09:43 AM
clean your air filter
adjust your valves
check your compression
clean your carb

QuadJunkies
09-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by FoxMxRiders
clean your air filter
adjust your valves
check your compression
clean your carb

Thats what I was going to suggest... Are these Stock Cams you have also??

crazycray200
09-11-2005, 09:22 AM
i would say the plug but clean your air filters in petrol,clean your carb out and put a new plug in just incase!!