PDA

View Full Version : Ford F-250 Fwd Question

gncc571
09-10-2005, 05:12 AM
THE AUTO FWD QUIT WORKING ON MY TRUCK AND I CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHATS WRONG.IT WORKS IF YOU LOCK THE HUBS IN.ITS NOT THE RELAY ON THE FENDER WELL, I PUT A NEW ONE OF THOSE ON AND IT DIDN'T HELP. ALL THE VAC. LINES LOOK TO BE OK, ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT,,THANKS CALE

LTandRaptorider
09-10-2005, 05:22 AM
Hmm.... I've heard several people that said they had probs with their auto-locking hubs. They replaced them with manual hubs. If the electrical and vaccum are ok, have you taken the hubs off and greased them? Other than that, not much help sorry.

MR.BIG
09-10-2005, 11:32 AM
Auto hubs are junk and you probably need new hubs. They run about $280 per side. They can be converted to manual hubs.

vinson581
09-10-2005, 11:39 AM
its prolly just the seals in the hubs....9/10 just get warn hubs and never have the problem again

Scott-300ex
09-10-2005, 02:14 PM
yup, auto-lock sucks

we put manual on when we got our truck cuz my dad got stuck in the snow cuz the auto-lock didn't kick in

bulkdriverlp
09-10-2005, 02:30 PM
ill fix the auto locks a bunch of times before i have to get out of the truck a bunch of times to lock the hubs in. in the morning in the winter the roads are icy around here, then by noon they are dry pavement. not worth it to me. auto hubs have a lot of problems thou, i admit

86350x
09-10-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
ill fix the auto locks a bunch of times before i have to get out of the truck a bunch of times to lock the hubs in. in the morning in the winter the roads are icy around here, then by noon they are dry pavement. not worth it to me. auto hubs have a lot of problems thou, i admit

I hope this is not the case with my new F150, my old 96 chevy never had any issues with the 4wd, and I needed it alot in the winter, pretty much everyday. They quit plowing the roads at 8 p.m or sooner then that, and I didn't get out until 3 am. Snow up to the front bumper in most cases.

On the pluss note, I can pretend to be ivan stuart when I get out of work:confused: :ermm: