PDA

View Full Version : worth it?

400exrules
09-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Is it worth it to spend the money, to get a full system sparks x-6 to replace my hmf slip-on, to respond better with a hotcams stage1 and a 10.8:1 piston ona 400ex?

thanks!

plkmonster2
09-09-2005, 10:14 PM
Don't expect to see much if you do make the switch. You will notice a full system when you have a port and polish, bigger carb, and a higher rpm oriented cam.

Iliketogofast
09-10-2005, 06:46 AM
Just buy the headpipe for the HMF, those are good pipes.

400exrules
09-10-2005, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by plkmonster2
Don't expect to see much if you do make the switch. You will notice a full system when you have a port and polish, bigger carb, and a higher rpm oriented cam.

if i make what switch? if your talking about the exhaust, im only getting the full system sparks if i decide to get the stage 1 cam and the 10.8:1 piston

bwamos
09-12-2005, 08:04 AM
He's saying your not gonna see much difference switching from your HMF slip-on to the Sparks X-6 unless you go all out with a port/polish, valve work, High RPM cam, etc.

Just a piston and stage 1 cam.. I'd stick with the HMF you already have it. Buy a header from FMF or WB if you want a little more flow.

FYI, dont take this as gospel, but I beleive the stage 1 is for stock compression. Stage2 should work better with your higher compression piston.

400exrider707
09-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
He's saying your not gonna see much difference switching from your HMF slip-on to the Sparks X-6 unless you go all out with a port/polish, valve work, High RPM cam, etc.

Just a piston and stage 1 cam.. I'd stick with the HMF you already have it. Buy a header from FMF or WB if you want a little more flow.

FYI, dont take this as gospel, but I beleive the stage 1 is for stock compression. Stage2 should work better with your higher compression piston.

stage 1 will be fine with that compression, its still not really that high.