PDA

View Full Version : Pro Taper Pastrana FMX bend??

ravage3000
09-09-2005, 09:39 PM
Hi, im posting for a friend, he would like to know how the Pro Taper Pastrana FMX bend feels?? he is going to put a Moose Universal Clamp Kit on and with the Pastrana FMX bend it would the same height as stock. He wants to know if it feels too narrow? stock width is 790 and the past. fmx is 775:ermm: also will the stock dashboard fit on a fat bar? the plastic piece with the key and lights. Thanks!!

ravage3000
09-10-2005, 11:31 AM
anyone??? how about cr-double hi??

Mikesamillion
09-10-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by ravage3000
Hi, im posting for a friend, he would like to know how the Pro Taper Pastrana FMX bend feels?? he is going to put a Moose Universal Clamp Kit on and with the Pastrana FMX bend it would the same height as stock. He wants to know if it feels too narrow? stock width is 790 and the past. fmx is 775:ermm: also will the stock dashboard fit on a fat bar? the plastic piece with the key and lights. Thanks!!

no the stock handle bar plastic will not go on to after market bars. there is an 8mm bolt that holds that plastic piece to the stock bars. i would suggest the Tag Metals T2 kit. comes with a real nice piece to relocate the key and temp light and new bar mounts for the fat bars. also the tag 450r bend (in the T2's) are the same bend as the CR DoubleHi.

RIDER11X
09-11-2005, 12:25 AM
I ran those EXACT bars on my 400ex, and loved them......Nearly the same height as stock bars without the ugly look, and less sweep. Great for tall riders, as I'm 6'2"...........And they are SUPER tough. Stems will give way before the bars in a crash. I tested them alot!:p

ravage3000
09-11-2005, 10:14 AM
which bars did you run RIDER11X?
one more thing, is there enough room at the ends of the bars to mount everything? i have the moose flex series cr-hi bar and just barely had enough room to mount everything

ravage3000
09-11-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Mikesamillion
no the stock handle bar plastic will not go on to after market bars. there is an 8mm bolt that holds that plastic piece to the stock bars. i would suggest the Tag Metals T2 kit. comes with a real nice piece to relocate the key and temp light and new bar mounts for the fat bars. also the tag 450r bend (in the T2's) are the same bend as the CR DoubleHi.
do you happen to have a pic?? i ordered a z400 kit for a customer a while back and it came with the mounts and stuff but had the z400 bend, wasnt too happy about that

DEAL
09-11-2005, 05:09 PM
I have them on my ex .. best bars I have EVER had .. I love them .. the bend is perfect for my riding style.

RIDER11X
09-11-2005, 05:49 PM
which bars did you run RIDER11X?
one more thing, is there enough room at the ends of the bars to mount everything? i have the moose flex series cr-hi bar and just barely had enough room to mount everything

I had the Pro Taper Pastrana FMX bend on mine. I had enough room, but used a MX bike kill switch for a starter button and didn't use the handlebar control box that comes stock. (I had no lights, and used my teather for a kill switch.) Also the Pro Taper bar pad is recomended, I used mine to cushion my face once.:eek: :D

ravage3000
09-11-2005, 07:41 PM
thanks alot ill tell him, but, why wont the plastic piece work? all it needs is that one bolt on right? you couldnt build some kind of bracket to make it work?

Mikesamillion
09-12-2005, 10:43 AM
thanks alot ill tell him, but, why wont the plastic piece work? all it needs is that one bolt on right? you couldnt build some kind of bracket to make it work?

im sure you could. i dont have pics right now but if you need some i can go and take a few after work.

hondaracer305
09-12-2005, 12:19 PM
anyone??? how about cr-double hi??

im running cr double high for freestyle and i love the bend. i suggest them..

ravage3000
09-12-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Mikesamillion
im sure you could. i dont have pics right now but if you need some i can go and take a few after work.
yeah thanks, he'd appreciate that

Mikesamillion
09-12-2005, 04:04 PM

sorry i didnt make it to where i keep my quad today. ill see if i have any pics but i dont think i do. ill try to get you some tomorrow if i dont.

Mikesamillion
09-12-2005, 08:12 PM

here is a pic of steves bar set up. its not the T2 kit so it doesnt have the key and light holder. the CR Double HI specs are

CR DOUBLE HI
W=805
H=115
S=62

Which I was told from a guy at Tag is the same bend they use on the 450R bend.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/hondaracer305/450r3.jpg