PDA

View Full Version : +2 long travel arms

exrider44
09-09-2005, 04:03 PM
Im looking to purchase some arms and Im not sure which ones to go with. I was thinking Lagear, Burgard, JD performance. and any others you guys can recommend. Maybe someone can tell me what the difference is in these brands. Also can I get away with using my stock shocks or should I just do it right and get new ones? help a brotha out! thanks:D

JRP
09-09-2005, 04:20 PM
o deff the walsh(if you have the money lol)

ofsoto
09-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Hey, the best bang for the buck would be the JD Performance. They are really good and not as expensive as other brands. Some other good brands are: JB, Laegers, Gibson, Burgard, LSR, Walsh, Roll, etc.
The main difference between all these are which style of joints they use (regular ball joints or heim joints) and that some offer caster adjustability (besides camber adj.) The difference between ball joints and heim joints is that heim joints are a bit stronger and have a greater range of movement. As for the caster adjustability, it just makes it more difficult to setup and doesn't make that much of a difference unless you're a pro.
And you can still use your stock shocks but you'll have to adjust them to a harder setting because of the increased leverage the longer a-arms have. But you'd get a whole lot better handling with aftermarket long travel shocks. The difference is night and day... Hope this helps!

jeepnrocks
09-09-2005, 05:51 PM
well if you use your stock shocks it would be best to get them revalved.

exrider44
09-09-2005, 08:34 PM
Awesome thanks for the info. I have my rear shock revalved and that was a huge improvment. I am so up in the air on what a-amrs to get. My friend wants me to get a protrax front end but I dont need that much. Its overkill for me cause I ride alot of different terrain. I dont want to be stuck with a bike thats to wide for the woods. Guess I will just have to make a decision:confused: