PDA

View Full Version : clutch problems??

YZ400EX
09-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Here is my delimma..Got the 300ex all built and riding, but it just doesnt feel like it has the power it should..The motor is all stock, but I have ridden 250EX's that have alot more power..The motor isnt all worn out, doesnt smoke or leak oil a bit, but the clutch feels wierd on it and I think it may be slipping..While at a stand still you can pull in the clutch and the bike wants to take off with the lever pulled in, but when you let out on the lever and givie it gas it feels like it wants to go, but there really is no power..It does about 30 mph (if that) in 5th gear topped out...It doesnt feel like a normal clutch slip..Usually if the clutch is bad and slipping would it still want to take off with the clutch pulled in?? This is what seems wierd to me..I have tried adjusting the clutch in and out and it doesnt seem to help anything..adjust it all the way out and it still doesnt really have any power and adjust it in where the bike doesnt take off when the clutch is pulled in and it is definately slipping..what does this sound like to you?? I have already ordered a new clutch kit for it with new springs, but was wondering if you guys think it will fix the problem?? Please let me know any advice on this..Thanks

hotrodbelair
09-09-2005, 03:58 PM
my friends blaster just recently had problems with his clutch wanting to take off with the clutch pulled in then the adjuster rod i think it was that broke and the clutch wouldnt engage.

hotrodbelair
09-09-2005, 04:01 PM
and another thing those the clutch got alot of free play in it this was what happend before it broke he thought it was the cable so he tightend it up and kept gettin looser and looser then the adjusting rod broke in half cause it was so hot

TCracin440ex
09-09-2005, 07:39 PM
def a clutch problem....make sure you adjusted the clutch from down on the motor too....its a PITA to get to but if you take the seat off you can see it...idk if you adjusted it down there or not....but it takes 2 10 mm wrenches

i had a 92 250x (same as a 300 but smaller) and i replaced clutches quite often...so i kno how big of a ***** it is...

YZ400EX
09-09-2005, 10:59 PM
yea I have adjusted the clutch in all the places to adjust it, but it didnt help..I even took the cable all the way off and it didnt help..hopefully this new clutch will fix the problem..I know this thing should be alot faster then it is..